MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Disinfecting your home during flu season

ricardo

That's because clorine kills all bacteria, virus and even fungus. It is the only thing that will kill mold. Other products will remove most of the mold, but only clorine kills it.

If you do not air out your home, you are effectively closing the bacteria, and virus in with you.

Which is why you feel better the minute you get fresh air.

Maybe not a lot better, but better.

I was just watching the weather channel (we're supposed to have severe storms tonight and tomorrow so I keep a close eye on this station) and they put up a flu map every so often. Right now about 1/3 of the US states are colored yellow, meaning sporadic outbreaks already reported in those states. None in my state yet.

The health Dept told us, when we were running a restaurant, that 2 tablespoons per 3 to 4 gallons of rinse water would kill all the germs on the dishes we had to hand wash, for serving the customers.

So using about 1 or 2 tablespoon per gallon should kill everything you want it to clean.

The websites said that hot water and soap was adequate for sickroom laundry. So apparently the virus is easy to kill outside the body.

For ease of use I would have several paper towels cut in half and wet in this solution in ziplock bags, for quick wipe ups.

Here is the PDF for home health care:

http://crofsblogs.typepad.com/h5n1/files/ComingPandemic.pdf

i clean with bleach everyday... also i like to open the windows and air out the house daily don't always get to do that. but do the bathroom and bedroom. i use bleach on everything.. DH uses it to clean out any cuts or sore he gets not me that stuff stings....

• 1 year later...

Archived