MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Saturday, Dec. 17th

logcabinmama

You are a busy lady Snowmom. Be sure to keep rested so you don't get too worn out.

It's 1 degree here this morning. I'm already anxious for summer and it's not even the first of the year yet! It's going to be a long old winter this year I'm afraid.

I have to work at the library this morning so I better get moving. I still have my hair to do and work clothes to put on. I think the kids will start moving into their new house today so that will take care of the rest of my day and evening.

Have a good day everyone!

Well, it is 13 and snowing right now. I don't think that we will get very much which is fine with me. My DIL, DD and I are baking today. We are making iced sugar cookies, anise tea cookies and toffee. Then I will make banana bread.

Hope everyone has a terrific day!

snowflakes.gif

Good morning

No snow here but it's cold enough. We've had ice in our driveway and street several days this week until about 10 AM. We're on the shady side of the street so it lasts longer.

Yesterday we went to a couple of beach towns - hadn't been to one in 6 months and there were a lot of changes in business locations. Interesting that in that oceanfront town some of the plants that have died back in my yard were still blooming there (like Lady's Mantle). I had a great chuckle after we came out of a bookstore where the staff and a customer were loudly bragging about their superior children and knowledge of high fallutin things. DH said something like "Well, I'm glad to get out of there from listening to that stuffed shirt nonsense". Most of the shops are not like that. We got some shopping done and just about as we were heading home, stopped at an intersection an older woman rearended our car. We were thinking "Oh, no!" because we just had major service on it and were told it was good for many more miles. Fortunately there was just a scratch on our bumper. At first DH's seatbelt (the automatic kind) wouldn't open but it worked after that initial getting it open.

Today I'm making a pot of soup. Not sure what else I'll be doing.

Snowie: Hope the kids have a good weekend and return safely. Now you can get your computer time in. This is a busy time of year.

Dee: I hope your day goes well. Isn't it funny in the summer we dream of snow and in the winter - think sun!

CeeGee: Your cookies sound so good. I can almost smell those anise ones clear over here.

Busy, Busy, Busy! Tis the season to be busy!!!!

Good to hear from you Snowmom -you were missed.

I (country girl who lives in the woods)went to the mall today (yes on a Saturday- 1 week before Christmas) OMG! What a mad house! I am done shopping! Anyone I forgot is getting banana bread! (which I am getting pretty good at with my fresh ground flour)! What a day.

Then as I was in the middle of Super Walmart- my last madhouse stop -my 19 year old son called (darn cell phones!) to ask about a game he is buying for younger ds and happens to mention he just got his eyebrow AND lip peirced today! ANd he is such a good looking boy- really very good looking! Merry Christmas! I started to loose it right there in the middle of Walmart -tryed to call sister on cell - and could not get her - of course! I still love him no matter what ..... But I may cry when I see him....And that will be Christmas day day. Ho, Ho, Ho.... My babie's poor face.....

I did see a wind-up cell phone charger for less than $5 at Kirklands -it would not work with my cell so I sdid not get it- but it had several adapters .... someone brave enough to hit a mall might want to check it out...

I am at my inlaws - but snuck off to read Mrs Survival for a few minutes.... I better go...

life goes on....

Archived