MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Whimsical Wednesday

redhenfarm

Good afternoon

So I went to the store on my way home and found a good gift for my DIL. She's a tough one to buy for.

Last night DH and I went out for dinner for our anniversary. It was at a wonderful rustic, log cabin-type lodge. This time of year the tourists are mostly gone. It was a comfortable place (we went as we were all day - jeans) and the great fun was looking around the lodge - some of the beams huge, whole trees. Outside are all kinds of big logging stuff that the men like to look at. My thinking is the smart thing for them to do was open the gift shop. Anyway, the restaurant has those high beamed ceilings (all log) and one huge chandelier of antlers - others were gold with white globe shades and were all strewn with berry swags. There was a huge Christmas tree fully decorated.

More wrapping to do today and get the bedrooms ready for the kids. Make a batch of cookies (Russian Teacakes).

So what's up in your neck of the woods?

3 pounds and an anniversary. Sounds like your holidays are off to a good start!

I spent the morning cleaning up around here. We fried a turkey too,and I cut it up and put most of it in the freezer.

Today is DS's birthday. I made a coconut cream pie for him per his request. In a bit we're going into town to have dinner at the Outback. His request too. Princess Sr. just called and asked us to get there early. She can't blow any more balloons by herself. She said she ran out of hot air.

Tonight when we get home I'll be tired for sure. I always tease DS about how his girls are such party animals! They are sooo active.

I am cold and tired tonight been cold all day. it's just me. today felt like it would never end. the lady i take care of is going down hill. had to go pick up some hay for the critters. trying to paper train the pups. on the other side the house is clean, DH is doing good. and I have a bed and pillow to go to sleep on tonight.

Archived