MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Monday not fun day...

cartoongirl

Not a good start to the morning. Coffee all over the floor, dh screaming and my daycare child shows up way to early to boot.

Things are much more mellow than earlier, I'm in a good mood now! Got the roast in the crock pot for dinner and the house is clean. I'm only doing the laundry today.

It is snowing here! Have to chop wood later a guarantee to get me outside...either that or it will be cold in the house later.

Have a great day everyone.

Hope your day is much better now but we all have days like that from time to time. I woke up around 5:15 and couldn't go back to sleep so I got up and got the coffee started. I've been battling a nasty cold the past couple of days and not sleeping well because of it. Everything got off to a good start as far as Mondays go and since I did a huge amount of cleaning on Saturday all I had to do yesterday was cook and load the dishwasher - yeah!

This morning the twins and I have been hanging out downstairs so they can play while I did more laundry. Right now they are sitting at the table coloring pictures of motorcycles and I'm enjoying a cup of tea

Amazingly I'm caught up on laundry - but you know how long that lasts.

My sister brought down a box of things Mom didn't need after moving from one small retirement apartment to another. I've been going through it. Mom hasn't cooked for 12 years but there were two bags of newspaper clipping of recipes that I'll bet she never even used. A few doodads but the best was a tablecloth no one has ever used. We think someone in Norway made it for my grandmother. So Grandma didn't use it (not sure why but she lost her sight when I was a baby so that may have played a part of that). And then Mom didn't use it. It's about 6' long with embroidery and cutwork. So do I keep the tradition and not use it? Nope. I'll use it for Easter.

Erica: Don't you hate it when days start out like that. Glad you bounced back.

Bookworm: Hope that cold doesn't get you. I'm doing about the same as you today (hotspots). Having company last week got things in good shape.

Was on the internet for awhile looking at woodstoves. We want to get one by next winter since we're adding on to the house and it will be more to heat. Now it's the end of the night and I'm starting to get tired and the house seems like it's a disaster. Guess I had better just plan on getting something done tomarrow.

'Night All,

Necie

Archived