MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Finding Alternatives meds for the AF

Mother

I'm trying to find something that I can afford as an alternative to Tamiflu or the likes.

Here's my first find. I have not found any info on the author of this article but got to it from Fluwiki.com

http://www.med-owl.com/health/H5N1-Virus-Therapy.html

Too long to copy, but worth reading. If you want to skip some of the more technical stuff you can scroll to find specifics but the cytokine storm is explained pretty well there.

This suggest that while Sambucal is great for the common flu.....it would NOT be best to use for the Avian Flu. And SORRY Girls, Neither is CHOCOLATE!!!!

It does have some great info on herbs (and etc) that will.

Curcumin from Turmeric

Scullcap

Passionflower leaf not fruit

Resveralrol from Japanese Knotweed

Possibly Cranberry

It's a start. This is at least info on this specific strain of Avian Flu. It seems to act differently than the common variety. We need to know this!

I also got this little tidbit from the Oprah show, Dr Osterholm said that the flu lives longer in dry air, that is if it dries quickly it lies dormant unil you touch it and moisten it again by transferring it to your eyes, nose or mouth, perhaps why it tends to stay in the middle east right now, but knowing this tells us it would be adviseable to keep all surfaces scruptulously clean as the best protection from the virus, and is a useful tool in fighting it.

I have a pound of Olive leaf and intend to get more.

I feel this is one that will prove very helpful both as a tea and a tincture.

I have not discounted the elderberry (sambucus), if we are fighting the results of this flu, it will work as one of those backups.

as to whether theraflu, oscillo, zicam for flu and other OTC meds will work, no one knows. One reason they may help is because we have them available to us by merely going to the store and purchasing them. Most countries are lucky if there is a market place within a days walk!

We are also far more knowledgeable then most countries, having television, radio, phone and of course the Internet.

Many countries that work for the WHO, have an office the size of a small bedroom with 6 desks and people and 1 phone in it to share. The villages where the greatest rate of infection is hard pressed to have an ox and cart!

While Tamiflu is awesome stuff.. I read (at fluwiki.com) that you would have to take it every day as long as the virus is active. Three months worth of Tamiflu? not in my future.

I am personally looking at alternatives, expecting to get some degree of the flu, as to whether it is the avain flu or the standard seasonal flu has yet to be seen. I can only do what I can do.

Until the BF reaches the more affluent populations, we won't know what will help, work or cure and I appreciate all the information that is being uncovered.

Archived