MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Beautiful Monday

logcabinmama

Good morning .

Snowmom: Brrrrrr! Too bad you can't bottle some of the cold to pour out on the hot days this summer.

Erica: Extra $$ does come in handy. I've never knit. Might have to try it some day but I need to sit right beside someone and see how it's done.

Good afternoon everyone! I think it's in the low 40s here today. I haven't had much of a chance to think. My 11yo son was sick all weekend and is still coughing - 5 yo started coughing and fever yesterday evening, chills, dizziness, etc. thought he might have strep so planned on taking him to doctor today. At 1 a.m. the twins woke up jabbering away and asked for kisses and hugs, well discovered they were both very hot too and they have started their coughing. Packed them all up to go to the doc but just had 5yo checked out, no strep but they did the nose swab to check for the flu and sure enough! So the three youngest are taking Tamiflu and my 11yo is just taking a cough syrup to settle him down. I'm afraid he's going to bruise something he's coughing so much and so hard. Still need to keep an eye on him so he doesn't develop pneumonia.

I waited for over 45 minutes at the drug store, plus I had to stop at Wal-Mart for pull-ups and a few other things so I wouldn't worry about running out of anything while we're hunkered down for the next few days. I hope the way I'm feeling is just from being tired and that I'm not getting it - again! YIKES! Going to be ordering some Sambucol soon :-)

I hate it when my kids, or any child, is sick with the flu or colds but it reminds me to be thankful that they are otherwise in very good health!

Hope you all have a great rest of the day! Stay healthy, warm and happy

Archived