MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

NPR Show: To The Point "Bird Flu"

Guest Guest

http://www.kcrw.org/cgi-bin/db/kcrw.pl?tmp...mp;show_code=tp

Bird Flu, the Next World Pandemic? listen

Bird flu is turning up all over the world--in birds. So far, the only humans affected are those in immediate contact with birds, but the virus is deadly. Of 170 humans that have been sickened by bird flu, 92 have died. But the spread of the virus in birds--from Asia to Africa and to Europe--has led to fears that it could mutate so it could pass from human to human, which could lead to an outbreak worldwide. Researchers simply don't know if bird flu will do that or just disappear. What they do know is that there will be another pandemic, like the one that killed 20 to 40 million people in 1918. Are we prepared?

(click on the link and go to the site, then click on the audio...it's a taping of the show with Dr.Osterholm)

((((((((((((((((Darlene!!)))))))))))))))))

I've been hunting for something else I can listen to and this is good. You seem to have a knack for finding the real goodies lately!

I'll listen tonight while I groan on the sofa.

Dr. Osterholm presents information intelligently and straightforward. This will be helpful.

Dr. Osterholm always brings up excellent points based on scientific data and it was good hearing the insights of the others as well. A great report! One interesting tidbit mentioned was that birds in America could be infected in a couple of months.

Forgive a brief rant, but I wondered if anyone else listening caught the globalist mindset the last contributor was pushing.....

Laurie Garrett's obvious liberal twist to this pandemic struck a nerve in me. She basically seized opportunity to push an agenda while discussing an extremely serious topic.

She referenced our "current antiquated 20th century nation-state model" and clearly indicated that what is needed is a globilization described as "networks of nations, regional responses, and entire international responses."

She said that 75% of all wealth is concentrated in only 9 countries and "if those 9 aren't willing to pay a very hefty percentage of the tab and provide a very hefty part of the expertise", then shame on them.

Well, I guess someone has to be blamed if a pandemic arrives and who better than sovereign nations like America who are greedy enough to hold 75% of the world's wealth. In this person's eyes the Globalist Messiah cannot come soon enough.

Archived