MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Government sites for help in planning

gardnmom

The site has listed other plans, also

http://www.pandemicflu.gov/plan/schoolchecklist.html

School District (K-12) Pandemic Influenza Planning Checklist

Pronto pondremos a su disposición esta información en español.

Please note that documents in PDF format require Adobe's Acrobat Reader

Local educational agencies (LEAs) play an integral role in protecting the health and safety of their district's staff, students and their families. The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have developed the following checklist to assist LEAs in developing and/or improving plans to prepare for and respond to an influenza pandemic.

Building a strong relationship with the local health department is critical for developing a meaningful plan. The key planning activities in this checklist build upon existing contingency plans recommended for school districts by the U.S. Department of Education (Practical Information on Crisis Planning: A Guide For Schools and Communities (PDF) (1.56MB). Further information on pandemic influenza can be found at www.pandemicflu.gov.

I have directed a ton of people to this government web site, including two local grocery stores, the library, four businesses, two ministers and a host of other individuals. NONE of them even knew it existed.

It's not real conprehensive in and of itself but at least it's put out by the GOVERNMENT and people tend to pay attention if it's official. I'd like to direct them to better sites, even Mrs. S but the government one at least gets them started. Plus, there's a link on the site for going to your own state to see what their pandemic plan is. You might be surprised if you were to check out your own states readiness. So far, I've had several people contact me to ask about more information, including one of the local grocery store managers.

Tuesday night our Community College will be hosting a avian flu "session" to let people know what the governement and such are doing about it. It will be interesting to see who shows up at it. I'll let you know.

Thanks for the info Lois.

Archived