MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

"TEOTWAWKI Reality Check, THIS IS ONLY A TEST

Mother

Daily the media is talking about disasters that might befall us. Many of these apply to all countries around the world, some worse than others. The bird flu, oil prices rising, falling stock market, food and supply prices raising drastically, economic problems, personal disasters and financial reverses, and natural disasters are just a few of the many reasons we are all feeling the pressures of needing to be better prepared.

To help Mrs. Survival members better understand what the realities could be and to be better prepared we will be starting a “TEOTWAWKI (The End Of The World As We Know It) Reality Check Test” in many of the forums. We hope that you will take time to seriously consider the scene that is set forth and then will post in each forum how you would respond in the situation and tell us what preps you already have or what you still need to acquire yet. Each forum will have a different question or questions to ask you but the scene will remain the same. The answers will not only help you but the others who read your posts. We will be using a “worst case scenario” for this test.

Please take time to really think about what this scene would mean for you personally and for your family and friends. This of course is a worst case scene but it is not beyond the possibilities of happening. Look at Hurricane Katrina if you think it CAN'T happen to you. It is far better to think of these things now, BEFORE they might happen and work towards being prepared for them.

I know we have a lot of fun here on Mrs. S. but please take this post seriously. The times we live in are becoming more unsettled each day and I, for one, would be a bit easier in spirit if I knew that each of you were aware of the possibilities, all the possibilities, and your families and yourself could be much safer for the forthought.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay,,,,,,It's been ten days since I posted this and I thought it was time I tackled some of these tough questions myself. There have been lots of good answers already but more are always welcome. It's good to get a variety of views on any subject and this one needs more than most. Those of you who have just been reading, you are welcome to jump in with me.. I'll Race Ya!!!

Archived