MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Howdy Ya'll

Dee

I am just dropping in to say howdy and I miss you all. We are still working on the house trying to get more insulation up before winter sets in. We have had a few mighty cold mornings and this house has been freezing but I refuse to turn on the heat. The local electric company wants to raise the prices of gas and electric this year which will bring the bill higher during the winter.

Last year at Christmas time we had 70 degree weather. I hope it goes like that this winter with the exception of Christmas Eve and Day. A nice covering of snowfall would be nice for those two days at least.

When this house was built the fireplace was put in the middle of the house between the dining room, kitchen and living room. We had the chimmey sweeps and inspectors here to check it out and its not feasible to have a fire in the fireplace unless some of the fireplace is rebuilt so we have decided we are going to move it to an outside wall next year. We are taking pictures of the house which we got as is and what we are doing to it now with remodeling. I hope to get a scanner soon to send you all the pix here so you can see how our construction is going.

I will take a few mins to browse around here and then its back to work. I am also in the middle of some heavy duty canning of apple sauces apple and pumpkin pies to be frozen and grape juices and jams besides winter veggies and making pumpkin and zucchini anything recipes.

Heres for a nice day to you all and lots of hugs. Snowmom I owe you an email.

Do you have the zucchini chocolate cake recipe? I haven't made it for years but it was sooooo good. I'm sorry if you don't because I couldn't find the recipe more than likely anyway. smile.gif Surely, someone else around here has it though, so just ask if you need it.

Nice having an update from you and come back as soon as you can!

------------------

dee.jpg

Good morning, nice to hear how things are going with you. smile.gif

I hope you are able to get the house done soon, as it won't be long before the cold weather comes. Can't wait until we get to see pictures. smile.gif

Looking forward to the e-mail. smile.gif

Take care and have a great day.

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

Wishing you a mild winter except for Christmas Eve and Christmas! Hope all your renovations go smoothly, thanks for the update smile.gif You will have a lovely home when you are done!

I sure wish I was really good at "fix-it" stuff. My DH bought us a fixer-upper, and then decided he didn't know enough to do it himself rolleyes.gif I'm learning though, and this year I have called in his promise and he's helping me come **** or high water! (If you can't tell this has been a sticky point between us)

I consider it a banner day around here if I get anything "handy" done. Yesterday I put up shelves all by myself in the boys room and fixed Cassie's closet. I am woman, hear me roar LOL! wink.gif

------------------

becca.jpg

[This message has been edited by Becca Anne (edited October 01, 2002).]