MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Have You Ever Made Banana Jam?

moonstar

We love bananas and I printed out a recipe for banana jam. Was wondering if anyone has tried making banana jam and what you thought of the results, if you have.

BTW, made the blueberry jam and DH said, "Yum."

Guest Guest

Cool on the blueberry jam wiaitng. I always figure DH and the kids are honest with my concoctions so yours must be good if DH say yum!

Never tried the banana jam, never even heard of it before. Let us know what you think if you give it a try!

That was Darlenes' recipe so I knew it would be good. DH is a blueberry connoiseur (sp) so it's definitely a thumbs up.

Still debating about making the banana jam. Will have to decide before I go shopping.

Quote:
just buy a jar of banana baby food and smear it around! I've used it in banana bread...for real. Turned out good. Nice to have in the winter if you aren't able to buy bananas or even in the summer if you want to make banana bread and you don't have any in your house. They last 2 or 3 days here and they are gone...not gone bad..munched. (Yep, we like bananas.)

Guest Guest

you know I was joking but that is a GREAT idea!!! I am adding bananna baby food to my list! flippin' great idea!!!

1 jar = how many bananas?

love this!!!!

I like bananas but I buy the little tiny ones, you know the ones that are only about 3 inches long.. much more flavorful then the stantart bananas.

Guest Guest

No Darlene, they don't come from your backyard they come from Colombia!

Darlene must think I am a theif... stealing banans from her back yard.. if I was gonna steal something it would be canning jars.. filled!

Quote:

1 jar = how many bananas?

I use 1 cup of mashed bananas (which is about 2 large) in my bread...so I use 2 (4 oz.) jars. Don't know how many small bananas would equal 1 cup.

Archived