MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Mosquitoes

Pass this on to anyone who likes sitting out in the evening or when they're having a cook out. So you don't like those pesky mosquitoes, especially now that they have the potential to carry the West Nile Virus? Here's a tip that was given at a recent gardening forum.

Put some water in a white dinner plate and add a couple drops of Lemon Fresh Joy dish detergent. Set the dish on your porch, patio, or other outdoor area. Not sure what attracts them, the lemon smell, the white plate color, or what, but mosquitoes flock to it, and drop dead shortly after drinking the Lemon Fresh Joy/water mixture, and usually within about 10 feet of the plate. Check this

out---it works just super! May seem trivial, but it may help control mosquitoes around your home, especially in the South and elsewhere where the West Nile virus is reaching epidemic proportions in mosquitoes, birds, and humans. Pass it along!!!!!!!!!!

Hope this is posted in the right place, was interesting to me and I wanted to pass it on.

Thanks. I've heard of spraying your plants and the area around where you will be outside with a mixture of water and a lemon scented dishwashing liquid to ward off mosquitoes, but hadn't heard of your method. Going to try it.

Archived