MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Last Sunday in July!

SueC

Hi everyone

Hope your Sunday is a great day. I stayed home today, even though there was a street party up town. I didn't feel that I had enough energy to walk up there and back and see everything. Our town has about 2000 residents and they were expecting 45000 - 65000 people at the street festival, so parking is a challenge. Family all went up, some were involved with a fundraising stall, so there all day. I enjoyed a quiet house!

Have a great day

Sue

Afternoon all! Idiot that I am, I stayed up until 6 this morning working on the computer, learning how to do something in Publisher. By the time I went to bed my cats decided it was time to get up and kept waking me every 30 minutes or so. I finally gave up around 10 and got up. I don't know when I'm going to learn to go to bed.

I'm spending the day cleaning house, and believe me it's going to take the entire day.

I think I would have stayed home too, Sue! That's a lot of people.

Glad you're getting some things done, Mommafitz. What is the White Elephant gift exchange? Where did I miss that at?

Hope all have a great day!

Kaye

Hi everyone,

I just got back from my mom's place in the mountains. We went yard saling yesterday and picked up a bunch more baby things for DD's new little one (due in Nov.). I got a food mill (non-electric), brand new mind you, for $3. The price tag was $27.99.

Today I cleaned out the gutters and downspouts that were clogged with stuff from the pine trees and sealed a leak in one of the downspouts. I also weeded the garden and asparagus bed and picked a lot of veggies, grapes, and strawberries. Now I'm set for the next couple of weeks with potatoes, peppers, beans, squash, tomatoes, strawberries, grapes, cucumbers, eggs, and even some home made lye soap!

We are starting to formulate our escape plans again. DM can't breathe at higher elevations and doesn't want to live down here where it's crowded and hot, so we are back to the drawing board on the "where do we go" issue.

Have a great week everyone!

Archived