MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Chilly sunday

MomM

Good morning everyone. It's about 20 degrees here this a.m. and the back roads have ice on them. Should warm up to mid 30's and then we are having a heat wave later in the week - up to near 60's. Last night DS2 had a wreck. Hit a patch of ice on the interstate, spun around and hit a pole and broke it (not sure what kind of pole). Thankfully, he is ok, but may have hurt his knee (the one that he had ACL surgery on last Aug). We haven' seen his car yet, but sounds like it is totaled. (we didn't carry comprehensive on it as he bought it for $1500.) This afternoon, after church, we will have to decide what to do next. I am so grateful to God that he is ok, and I trust Him to lead us to make the right decisions on getting him another car (money is sooo tight for us and him). Anyway, you all have a great day, and stay safe.

I'm so glad your son was alright! I hope his knee feels better soon. I have an almost-17 yo. He has his permit, but I won't let him drive because of all the cliffs around here. I just know he'd end up off one of them. Maybe in the spring.

We're snowed in today. They've already cancelled school for tomorrow. I homeschool all but one of my kids. The one in public school has been to school only twice in the past 3 weeks. The school was closed part of one week due to the flu, then it started snowing. All it takes is half an inch, sometimes less, to close the schools, because of all the winding mountain roads.

I haven't been able to get out of my road for over a week. Hubby is parking on the main road and walking back and forth to the house.

Hi MomM!

I am glad your son is ok. We are right on the Tenn. line, so we must have the same weather. It was so cold and icy today. In a few days it is supposed to be so warm...I'll want to work in my garden...Maybe, I'll plant some onions or spinach!

Archived