MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Wild Wednesday!

MommyofSeven

Well I don't know how wild it's gonna be, LOL, but it sounded good!

Going shopping today, hoping to hit two thrift stores, a super save and walmart. Of course, that all depends on how I feel. I had a whopper of a contraction just now, but I think it's gas. Amazing how other body processes can cause contractions!

I DID get that "lot" of laundry done yesterday-17 loads, LOL. DH was home way early so we went to the laundrymat. $60 later, everything is clean. While we're in the middle of it, the power goes out.

We walk outside to see if it's everywhere or just maybe we blew a fuse at the LM. After a few minutes, we hear that it's out everywhere south of us. Then the come over and lock the laundrymat. Ack. She tells us to check back in a few mins, or to wait it out. Either way, there's a lot of our stuff in the washers and I am not pleased.

But, we went home, gave me a chance to see if the new, top of the line (read: crap) stove will light in a power outage. NO. I was so mad I couldn't see straight. So, ladies, when stove shopping, test to make sure your gas stove will light in an outage. Added more propane to the preps list so I can use the camp stove in an outage. Also added more propane heaters. I hate using those cause they burn through a bottle of propane in two nights. But once we get out of this apartment I'm getting a wood stove.

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out what to do for dinner and getting ready to hook up the camp stove when the power comes back on. WE go finish the laundry (the owner even refunded the money we'd lost!) and come home and have canned ravioli LOL.

OK, off to hop in the shower and then go shopping.

HOpe everyone has a wonderful day.

Mo7

Archived