MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

A request for all the Canadians at MrsS

Please remove your Siberian Express from the lower U.S. I have lived here since I was 20 years old and it has NEVER stayed this cold during the day. At 2pm it is at our high temperature of 14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ocassionally it does get down that low at night, but then it always warms up when the sun comes up. For some reason the sun didn't help at all today. Perhaps some little gremlins (you know who you are) thought it might be amusing to make the rest of us feel like Canucks. Enough is enough...................SIncerely, with frozen tongue in cheek. Momo

Hi momo, please don't throw anything at me.... tee hee.. We seem to be the only place in Canada that is warm right now and snowless. BC is the best other parts of Canada are experiencing -40 temps. We haven't really even needed are winter jackets for the last few days. Sat. was t shirt weather. Sorry you're soooo cold, will try and send you an envelope of warmth.....

You think you had it cold, have you read what we had yesterday? We had -24 with a -42 wind chill. Now, can anyone beat that?

Yes, Fran get some gloves. I know you will probably wear them like I do, (in the pockets), but at least have them if you need them. Really, I have started wearing them some of the time.

It got down to 3 degrees last night. When DH and I got in the car this morning I put on my earmuffs (for the first time ever). When we got in the car he looked at me and started laughing. I told him not to laugh so hard. That I would be wearing them from now on since they muffle his chatter. (He does have a tendency to run on). This afternoon he started yakkin' again so I put them on in the house. LOL! We have had more fun today fooling with those earmuffs!!! As you can tell DH and I do enjoy teasing each other.

That's great, Momo! My DH and I also have a great time teasing eachother...all in good fun, ofcourse! We enjoy scaring eachother, too. He's much better at it than I am though, so it's a lot of fun when I actually get him! We also play a lot with our DD...she enjoys it, we enjoy it, and I feel like it brings us closer together as a family. How long have you been married?

Tee-hee! I got this from a post that Wheeler posted in Oh-oh, and thought it'd be appropriate here!

A huge Canadian weather system that has gripped the eastern two-thirds of the country brought another hard freeze to some spots in Florida early Saturday.

Schools closed or opened late Friday in many states, including most of North Carolina, Georgia and northern Florida. In some places, roads were clear but officials feared the extreme temperatures.

We're in the mid to high 50's when we should be in our coldest month of the year. Geez, I really didn't need to go to Vegas to find warm weather. PLEASE send some of that cold.....but only with snow, to the southwest, or we'll be doing some serious water rationing this summer.

My MIL should have come to visit us this year instead of freezing Florida!