MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Sunny Sunday

mommafitz

Mornin' Ya'll! wave

I hope everyone is waking up in a pleasant mood. coffee

Army seems to have had a very busy day yesterday. All that running back and forth for errands really wears me out. bounce

We grilled hamburgers and hot dogs yesterday. I think we'll have pork cutlets, mashed potatoes,creamed corn, gravy and biscuits today. happy02 Oh the joys of being home for a day!!!! clapsmilie

DS2's softball team won the tournament last night. We had a lightning delay. This was good simply because we need the rain. We live so far away that we didn't get any rain like town did. cry Anyhoo, softball is over for another season.

Not many people visit this particular forum much, huh? shrug Kinda quiet............

I hope all you quiet people have a lovely day!!!!!!

bananasassingstar

mommafitz

Mornin' mommafitz and those to come. Not sure if I'm in pleasant mood or not. Ask me after a couple more cups of coffee LOL. Stayed up too late (2 am) working on some things and woke up same time as usual. For some reason no matter how late I go to bed internal clock always wakes me at 6:30 am. Never have to use alarm clock even on workdays.

Get ready for church in a bit then probably take a nap this afternoon grin DS had a friend over for the weekend and took them to carnival type thing last night. One reason for my late hours. Got home about 11 and then needed to finish and print bulletins for this morning.

I think the boys had good time although I was ready to come home long before them. Did get a funnel cake so that was nice. It had rained earlier but not enough to be a problem. This annual event is a fundraiser for the rural fire department so wanted to go if could.

Well, going to feed kittens and make another pot of coffee. Have a great day everyone!!

P.S. Snowmom, I loved the family pictures and story!!! You need to write books. Have a lot of talent in creative presentation, and keeping the story flowing beautifully. Glad you had a good visit. That park was beautiful. The pics were so good could almost feel like was there.

Good afternoon everyone.

I'm kind of bummed today because I got an email from someone who bought a ceramic thing from me on :ebay: said it arrived broken and now they want a refund. They did not want insurance on the item, and in my item description, it clearly states that insurance is not required, but highly recommended as I am not responsible for breakage once it leaves my hands, and that I offer no refund because of breakage if there is no insurance.

I have a feeling I'm going to get a negative feedback for it, because I'm not going to give a refund, since it's clearly stated in my policies! I know I packed it well, it had three layers of bubble wrap and at least a full inch of plastic grocery bags padding all four sides and both ends of the box. Urgh! That is so disturbing to me! I even sent it priority mail instead of the cheaper parcel post that the person paid for.

I got the email early this morning, and still haven't emailed him back since I'm so distressed about it breaking that I just don't know what to say! cry

The happy news today is that the guy that sold me the apples last year stopped by today and now his cherries are in season. He had lost my phone # but remember my location and asked if I would call my friends to see if they wanted cherries too. I'm so glad he remembered me! woohoo Bing cherries are $1.25 a pound, and Raineer cherries are $1.50 a pound. Since I'm not usually the shopper (just the list maker), I don't know if that's a good price, but the three people I called all ordered some (18 lbs bing and 38 lbs raineer total!) and they are super fresh, picked just today, much better than getting them at a store!

Soon he will have plums, pears, peaches, and other things, I can't remember, I was too excited that he remembered to keep me as a fruit(Y!) stop!

I'm getting 10 lbs each for myself and have been checking out some recipes so I can maybe can some, if I don't end up eating them first!

Hope everyone's day has been a great one! bighug

Archived