MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Your "Medicine"

Hi, Everyone!

I was taught a while back, that your medicine was within your Circle. Course, this only works if you are in an area that you can get out and roam around the woods. If you are, I would like to suggest doing so and learning about your area. Find the herbs, the wild medicine, that is close to you. Learn everything you can about them. I personally have found that the medicine I need for conditions that I have experienced are really there! And for those loved ones close to me, too. Our Mother Earth truly does meet our needs; we need only to love Her and respect Her.

Mountain Child

It is what I believe also, MC. The subject of wild medicinals and edibles has been often discussed here. We've talked some about eating within a hundred miles also but I don't believe we've talked about using medicinals from within our Circle. It is an interesting concept.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the scientific explanation is the energy (vibrational frequency) of the plant more closely matches your own when grown in close proximity, allowing for greater healing. It is, of course much more than that.

I like your views on healing. smile I would like to hear more about what you've been taught. We all need to broaden our horizons.

((( )))

Hello, Mother

It is good to talk and share about these things with you.

The vibrational frequency, as I understand it, could/would explain a greater potential for healing, but, personally I know within that it is more than that.

I am not sure exactly how to explain it, other than sharing a bit of my experience (and hopefully without freaking anyone out! smile

When I began this awareness and gathering journey to what we all share here about our world, it was through Spirit. This has always been my guidance. A part of that guidance brought me to these Mountains. Now I am exactly, without doubt, located physically on the Mother at the place I am suppose to be. And, as I reach out to Her, spend time with Her, I am shown the medicines and gifts She provides for me. There is a connection between my spirit and the Mother's; my spirit and the Plant Peoples', my spirit and the Mountains'. For me, and what I have been taught and what my spirit's experiences continually show me, it is a deep connection to the True Mother and Father. What I need, not only for myself, but for others, is provided.

The herb books are great guides and I do use them/read them/gather info from them. But when you are "connected" to a Plant Person, you find that the medicine/gift given could be different than anything written in a book. Giving Respect and Honor to the gifts of this part of Creation, helps to make that "connection" greater. Like....when you are finished drinking your tea...receiving your medicine....by taking the herb material outside...back to the Mother...and giving it back to Her, thanking the Plant Person and the Mother for the Medicine. And also as you are making the tea, thanking the Mother and Plant Person for giving to you; for providing for you.

This is giving Respect and Honor to other parts of Creation...for no part is any less than any human and we should always treat them as such.

These are some of the things I have been taught and know within as Truth.

To me, because of the disrespect shown to all parts of Creation, including other humans, ....this is what has brought us to where we are these days.

smile....guess I can get started talking about this and go on and on....

MC, it is very refreshing to hear these views in today's society. If more people felt as you did, and there are many of which I am one, the world might be able to mend itself.

In the years I have been working with plants and animals I have come to realize that it is they who are the lucky ones even though humans continue to crowd them out of their natural habitats. They know and are accepting of their place on earth. They know they are here to fulfill a purpose. They live to give life and I am often amazed that we don't find them all in tears because of the damage that is being done to their world.

As a wild life rehabilitator and herbalist of many, many years I have found there is a peace and contentment that comes with working with the plant and animal people. I have always been able to think of nature in terms of being fellow creatures and I have learned to recognize the plants as being old friends and even teachers. I have many times been led to one herb or another and used it for some needed purpose with good results not actually putting into words how or why it was. I, too, am careful to give thanks for the health giving properties they impart and to return to the earth as much or more than I take. I'm not sure I thought about it consciously even, it was just something that I learned very early in life.

There are no coincidences in life and I believe your being here on Mrs. S is not one either. Your words have said what my being only encompassed without volition and I thank you for sharing them. I have been ill for many years starting with Lyme Disease and escalating into a full-blown health crisis that has not responded to all natural attempts at healing. One of the worst parts of this issue is my body’s reaction to almost all manmade chemicals; pesticides and herbicides; and medications. In the last few years my body has reacted adversely even to the herbs I grow or wild craft. Your post speaks to me in a way I’m sure it has not spoken to others that may read it. It recalls me to my place, something that has been very easy to forget when dealing with constant pain. Thank you. I really am looking forward to more of your very thought-provoking posts. smile

((( )))

It brings tears to my heart, Mother, to see how the other parts of Creation are being treated; the animals, the plants, the trees, the Mother Herself; and people treating people in the same way. There is sooo much suffering for All of Creation.

I am sorry to hear of your health issues. I don't know exactly what to say here. What I can offer, though, is this. Go to the Mother...and sit with Her. I think you may know what I am talking about.

Sending prayers your way.

Yes, Mountain Child, I know exactly what you are talking about. It is time I returned. Thank you.

((( )))

Archived