MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

House for sale

Deblyn

My neighbour, next door but one to me, has put his house on the market as he has a new job quite a way away, so has to move house. It is a 300 year old thatched cottage, beautifully decorated, woodbrning stove, cottage gardens, beamed bedroom and three others, over three floors. I was thinking............ we could all club together and buy it as a Mrs S holiday house, then all my new friends could come over here for a holiday and see me and talk and drink tea all day and sit around in the garden!! What do you think?

------------------

lowlander.jpg

Oh lowlander, it sounds so neat. I've read so many books set in England that have a cottage with a thatched roof. They almost always have a kitchen garden right outside the door and some kind of fence surrounding at least the front side of the house, does this one have either?

------------------

dee.jpg

Dee,

the house has a little cottage garden at the front of stone walls with a little wooden picket gate in it. No veg patch, as Adrian is not into growing veg, but beds of flowers out the back. It's a quintessential English stone cottage with thatched roof with nesting birds in, and a lovely old red door. At one time it belonged to the blacksmith who had his smithy(forge) next door, but that too has been converted into a house now, but wasn't so long ago. If we win the lottery I'll buy it for us all! If not, you can all come and squash in at our house! It hasn't got a thatched roof, but it is pink! With a cottage garden and ponds at the front.

------------------

lowlander.jpg

Pink - I always wanted a pink house smile.gif My old schoolfriend has one in Devon but hers is a National Trust property so she has to have it pink or yellow.

Dorset is such a country cottage county isn't it. Your posts keep reminding me that I don't get down there anywhere near enough Lowlander smile.gif

Stargirl