MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Elder-Botanical: Sambucus nigra (LINN.)

gardnmom

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest

((((sandiness))))

First of all, we're thrilled you've joined us here at MrsS...

Second of all, take a deep breath...we've all been where you're at in some ways in the past ourselves and look forward to sharing the things we've learned along the way. I'm continually reminded of how inspiring the women and men are here...they never cease to amaze me with their experience, knowledge, caring and unselfishness generosity to share the information they have at their disposal.

Like others have said, the 3 forums you might wanna spend a little time reading in, that might have some answers and/or direction for you to start out with are, The Flu Clinic, Nature's Prescriptions and Are You Really Ready...for those just starting out, the prep information is priceless.

If there's anything I can ever do to help, all you hafta do is hollar! I'm an outta control canner so if you ever have an interest in that area, there's quite a few of us who spend alot of time building our preps in that fashion.

You'll be in my

Darlene... I'm also glad I joined all of you at MrsS... It's amazing to get replies from people I don't know but who really care. I'm so grateful. I have been reading the other forums and there is so much info.This is so wonderful. Darlene I used to can years ago and still have some of my canning stuff. It's packed in boxes somewhere down the basement. When my husband comes home on the 12th I will have him help me get it out. Then I will ask you many questions as it's been over 20 years since I've canned. With my husbands job we moved so much I stopped major gardening and canning and oh how much better the food is when you know what your putting in those jars. Thanks for your prayers Darlene. I'm lifting all of you up to the Lord. Today has been a better day for me. Not as much pain. It's time to walk my dog. We both need exercise. Sandi... By the way has this now gotten off the topic of elderberries? I sure have alot of them that I don't know what I'm going to do with. I stuck what I did not use in the freezer. Like over 5 pounds. Do you think that was a good idea as they are dried and from herbalcom.com?

Hi Sandi, glad you were feeling a bit better today. If the elderberries were dried, they should keep just fine in an air tight container but will also be fine in the freezer. They will keep for several years actually but I'm not sure about the medicinal effect of them past two. Perhaps someone else can supply both of us with that info. Dried elderberries can be used in a tea also.

Rehydrated, they make a very good if rather bland pie. You can also add elderberries, dried or fresh to muffins or pancakes much like blueberries. If you feel the dried ones won't soften enough during the baking, soak them in warm water for a short time before adding them.

You may get an immune enhancing effect using them as food but not as strong as using them for a tea or in a tincture.

Mother...The doctor did mention looking for lupis. I would love to think all the blood work is just showing a false positive. What ever the outcome I know God is in control. I was sent to an ENT and he at least did not feel I needed a biopsy on the swollen lymph nodes as they are the same size on both sides. He does have me on a list for allergy testing to see what I would be allergic to in this area of the country plus food allergies as I do suffer from allergies, sinus, and asthma. That's why I have been on so much prednisone in the past. We talked about my diet and candida. He was impressed on how healthy I eat and my choice of foods. That was a plus. He wondered if I would be interested in going on a all oraganic veggie diet like Demi Moore did and suggested a book and website by David Wolfe. I think that is how the last name was spelled. I said I'd think about it. Mother you are so right that I must not be exposed to it or any flu. I have stopped teaching Sunday school because the kids come in sneezing and coughing and then a couple days later I come down with the same thing. Then I don't want to go back into class and pass it unto others. What a cycle it's been. I will miss these precious children but for now this is best. I'm trying to figure out what masks are the best one's to get. I have read so much on them I'm not sure. I will go to the Sun Porch and tell you a little about myself and family. Not today. I'm all typed out.

I am extremely impressed with a doctor who would talk about candida and organic diets. Wow, what a find you have in him.

Archived