MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Medication Subsitution

Aint2nuts

I have 1200 dollars worth of Rx's each month. I am looking for a website that might let me find herbal substitutes for some of my medications. There is nothing I can do about my diabetes testing materials, but there are other remedies I might be able to use instead of the ones I take.

I am not looking to change right now, just want to have viable options in case the SHTF and I don't have access to my medications anymore. It is really imporatant that I stay on my medications

I can't afford to buy my medications ahead of time. On SSI the money is just not there. I have already stopped taking medications for my mild asthma problems, and for my allergies. Mostly because I feel I can handle those most of the time without medication. I have had a few scary episodes with asthma, but usually if I conciously calm down it eases the problem. Those are two that I have been watching people post about those ailments with interest.

So does anyone have an herbal or alternative medicine site that you have used in the past?

I have not looked into this enough, but I have read that cinnamon is supposed to be good for blood sugar problems.

I am in the same boat as you, so much money each month for meds. I am also diabetic.

Some sort of pure coconut oil is supposed to help, too. My daughter got some and it is like eating grease ! It is thick.

For my allergies freeze dried stinging nettle capsules really help me.

I know we need to be careful about the herbs we use being diabetic.

I would go to work, even part time, but I am so afraid of losing my medical insurance, I have a panic attack just thinking about it.

My medication keeps me sane. Literally

Archived