MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Love is in the air...

The MacKinnon

... but is eluding my best efforts to find her. Her? My great-great grandmother, MARY JANE LOVE. Sooo, I wondered if anyone here at Mrs. S might have a Love connection in Tennessee. My Mary Jane Love was born around 1825, in Sumner County, TN, married Allen Jones in Sumner Co TN in 1846. About 1859, the family moved to Butler Co KY.

Mary Jane's parents, as well as Allen's have been a brick wall for me, so if anyone has any ideas or info, I'd love to hear from you!

Have you searched those Tennessee counties online yet?

Some counties have posted alot of their vital statistics and census records online.

If I get extra time tonight I will try and see if you have a "lucky county".

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~w...mrg_log-mal.htm

This shows the wedding as taking place on 23 Nov. 1848

I found the family in the 1860 census in Butler county KY

Allen is 35 years old and a farmer

Mary Jane is 28 and a seamstress

Urilda is 10 born in TN

George is 3 born in KY

In 1880 they don't show up in the KY census.

I don't subscribe to Ancestry so I can only use the free stuff online.

Hope this helps.

• 3 months later...

I subscribed to Ancestry for a short while to see if I could find any documents - and I got lucky. Ancestry accessed the KY death records for Butler Co (the document showed up on Ancestry's 'clues' function) and I learned that Mary Jane Love Jones died in May of 1874 of consumption and that her parents were William and Polly Love who appear on the 1850 and 1860 census for Sumner Co, TN. 'Polly' is listed as Margaret on the censuses, but I believe "Polly" is a nickname for Margaret.

So now I'm after the particulars for William and Margaret/Polly Love. So far, no luck on marriage or death records for them, but hope springs eternal!

Momo thanks again for looking and for the update! Bluegrass Mom I will check out Lawrence County; other ancestors on the Sanders side went to McNairy by 1830

Archived