MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Calories in Freeze-dried foods

Hello-new person here crazy

Anyhow, I hope this is in the right 'section'

I'm trying to figure out if anyone here would be able to look at their freeze-dried foods (if you have them on hand) to tell me what calories are in some of the 'convenient' fd foods. I'm looking for as high of calories as possible per serving and from foods without milk.

The reason I am doing this is because I have a disabled ds. He has feeding issues and cannot chew, although he can do baby food consistency. I had the thought that if I had the fd food I could easily grind it up then add water, which would be easier then cooking food first then trying to puree it. I already buy fd foods in #10 cans but am not into the 'convenient' mixes and such like spaghetti. I would buy them but don't really want to spend money I do not have just to find out what the caloies are.

So, if any of you could look at what you have and let me know, it would really help. If not, don't worry about it. I want to have on hand the things my ds needs and I really hate buying baby food sometimes because they really have only so much choice and there are only a few items that he can really eat of them anyway.

...or if you know where i could find the count online?

Thanks, from the newbie

Barleygirl, Emergency Essientials, has "Show Nutritional Information" below the description of their products. I randomly picked this item. I believe you can find the information you are needing on most of their items. I can't say that every site out there has this info. I hope this helps.

wormie

John

Archived