MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Boston Baked Corn

bluegrassmom

I was asked to post this recipe. It is sooo good. It's one of our favorites. I recently canned 12 pints of it. This was the first time I canned it ~ so we will see how it goes when I open that first jar in a few weeks. I did ask Darlene several weeks ago when I was thinking about canning it if she thought it was a good, cannable recipe. She thought it would work, so I gave it a go. I did, however, omit the bacon in my canning. I'll just add it in when fixing it and bake in the oven for a bit so the bacon flavor will blend in.

Boston Baked Corn

1 C. ketchup

2 Tbls. brown sugar

1 tsp. dry mustard

1/2 tsp. salt

3 C. corn

1 small onion, chopped

3 strips bacon, diced

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 1 1/2 quart casserole.

Combine ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and salt in a bowl; stir in corn and onion and mix thoroughly. Pour into prepared casserole. Top with bacon.

Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 40 minutes or until bacon is cooked and dish is heated through.

One thing to add ~ you may need to play with the amount on the sugar a bit. The first few times I made this I followed the recipe to the letter and it was great. But then we made some changes to our diet and have not been eating as much sugar. So when I made this again, and we were not as used to the sugar, it tasted too sweet. So I reduce the amount of sugar now. Just play around with it and see how you like it.

Archived