MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

The Joy of Life

Annarchy

We had put in a long day and came home after dark. My DH was sitting in the back yard relaxing while I was pulling an arm load of clothes from the dryer, when a shrill screeching noise echoed from our neighbors front yard. The first thought I had was a cat had caught a bird, as I rushed the load into the house with my DH calling back at me to "get the flashlight!".

My DH crosses our yard to an area where he could see around FN's (friendly neighbor) 6 foot tall brick wall and watches as FN comes running toward the screeching sound, bends over, reaches in to break up what ever it was, then, as quickly as he reached in he jumped back and exclaimed "it's a skunk!"

By that time, I had dropped the clothes, grabbed the light and was coming out of the house shinning it toward our FN and I see him picking something up. At the same moment I hear my DH say "Man, I wouldn't throw a rock at it!" as he spontaneously takes several quick steps backward toward me. I hear a loud 'thump' as the rock hits the ground, then "Oh SH*T!!! IT'S TWO SKUNKS!!" as he backs up with his arms flaying.

The battling skunks separate, spray and run directly into our FN's back yard. ~Oh yeah~ happy02

I walk up to the fence, while FN calls someone and explains he thought it was a cat attacking a bird and had thrown a rock at it, only to realize it was a skunk fight. He hangs up and heads into his house as the smell began to permeate the whole neighborhood. We exit, stage right, trying to contain our laughter. Then, to our surprise, FN turns on his back yard lights and we hear another thump as he attempted to chase them out of his yard.

My DH, in his usual kind way, calls over the wall, asking "Are you OK?". FN replies "I've got them cornered!" and we hear the sound of rocks bouncing off his shed and breaking something in his yard. We walked closer to the wall to hear a little better, only to be confronted with a thick fog of skunk smell billowing over his wall making our eyes water.

At that point all bets were off, we began uncontrollable giggling. Our other FN comes out to see what the ruckus is all about and why her dogs were sneezing. FN1 comes out of his back yard as the offenders scatter, with one coming directly toward us. FN1 calls to FN2 inquiring if her dogs got it and she replied "Yes!, did you get rid of it?" He replies "No, they ran away." My DH calls out "Yeah, he chased it right into our yard! Thanks FN."

Later in the evening, my DH decided to create a new product just for our FN, it's called Skunk-B-Gone, a hand sized rock in a box. Skunk-B-Gone Deluxe, comes with 2 hand sized rocks, a re-usable dust mask and 1 small can of tomato juice.

Disclaimer: Results may vary. Not responsible for any consequences caused by using this product.

Wow, there is certainly an odorific/excitement in your neighborhood! What a hoot!! The whole time I was reading and laughing at this hilarious (when its not happening to me) event, I was so thankful to not be living next door to you...

I absolutely detest bathing skunky dogs...and the smell lingers with every rain or ounce of humidity for what seems forever! Ugh!

Quote:
Later in the evening, my DH decided to create a new product just for our FN, it's called Skunk-B-Gone, a hand sized rock in a box. Skunk-B-Gone Deluxe, comes with 2 hand sized rocks, a re-usable dust mask and 1 small can of tomato juice.
Disclaimer: Results may vary. Not responsible for any consequences caused by using this product

ROFLOL! That is too funny. Bet you could market it and sell the product.

Archived