MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Some Mountain House on sale

Thanks for the tip Campy. I like the way they offer (or organize) selections. It's not overwhelming. A person has budget options and food choices within those options. Every little bit in the pantry today is more than what was there yesterday. Mountain House packages have pretty much passed "the kid test" so it's probably time to move on to the sampler cans and plan meals. We don't get to the big city very often but when we do, we make a big deal out of an all day event. If we go to Michaels or Hobby Lobby, the kids are allowed to choose one thing just for themselves. But, if we go to Bass Pro or Sportsman's Warehouse, they want to choose a bag of a Mountain House produdct! The scrambled eggs did not get a fair taste test so I am going to have to try one more time. When they were ready to serve, I took a bite and...yuck...spit them out and called the dog. Do you think that reaction made a big impression on the kids? You bet! They wouldn't even try them!!! (Go figure..I'm surprised the dog ate 'em after that!) So, we decided maybe I did something wrong and we, at least, owe the eggs another shot. Well anyway, I'm glad to see the sale. Anna

Archived