MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Of mice and men.....................

Deblyn

We thought we had mice in our loft, but it turns out they were much nearer to home and living in my wardrobe! I had a lot of wools, fabrics, etc in the bottom of my wardrobe awaiting removal to a more permanent home, but it's been there a while now, needless to say. In among them is the place where I hide the Christmas presents for the children until Christmas. This has worked fine up till this year, when the mice discovered the chocoalte hidden in there. They ate two whole bags of chocolate coins in gold foil before we caught them! Luckily they didn't start on the more expensive stuff, else I would have been very cross! This was removed, and the bottom of the wardrobe emptied (de-junking - good!); hubby set up a trap with cheese and chocolate for bait and we caught one mouse one night and the other one the next night. He took them in the car and let them out in a lane near the deer park down the road. I hope they are happy where they are; I don't really want them back!

------------------

lowlander.jpg

That's a hoot......didn't know wee mousie's liked gold foil and chocolate......

That is soooooo sweet that your hubby took them for a ride....and introduced them to a new neighborhood.......i'm thinkin those wee mousies are lucky to have picked your house...and not one here in america....where we use those traps that.....TWAP......bye bye wee mousie......

Maybe now....you should think of adding a cat to your managerie (sp?)....a vegetarian like you....just train it to catch wee mousies and transport them to your neighbors house.

------------------

debbieLee1.jpg

We did have a cat until a couple of months ago, but he got ill and died. He was the runt of the litter, and never terribly healthy, always had breathing problems and such. We got him with his brother, but his brother disappeared - we live in the country so he could have gone anywhere. Anyway Thomas, the one we were left with, was an excellent mouser - the year before last he got and killed outright a whole family of mice who had taken up residence in the bag of Bombay Mix (honestly!) in the bottom of the larder within five minutes. I've never seen such a quick cat. This is teh first time since I was 7 that we've been without a cat, but we are near a busy road, and have lost a couple ourselves, plu lots of others in the village and it's too heartbreaking to have them knocked down. However, things have a habit of presenting themselves, so you never know! I do not disbelieve in re-incarnation, so I don't know what I may come back as, so I am as careful as I can be with all living creatures just in case!

------------------

lowlander.jpg