MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Saturday.........

mommafitz

Hey Ya'll!!!! wiggle

It's Saturday afternoon and I have some time to visit. clap

DS2 and DH are watching a baseball game. DS1 is getting ready to go to work. It is cloudy but not raining yet. Forecasters said rain today but hasn't happened so far!

DH and I spent the morning in town. We went to the Farmers Market but didn't find anything spectacular. I got tomatoes, cukes, green onions, red new potatoes. Things are a bit pricey. DarleneSwoon Now I have a bit of an idea how much money I'm gonna need to be able to purchase items to can and/or freeze. I haven't done much drying of any kind. I know a lot of vendors there and I'd rather give them my business than a chain grocery. Also, I know its fresh!! feedme

We compared choices of a new gas grill. We are gonna splurge, I think, and get one in a week or so. We also went to the used book store, my favorite thrift store, and our cheap grocery store. Did a very good job at being a thrifty shopper today! shoppingcarthappy02

I have things to do this weekend............... dishes , clothesline , dusting , vacuuming , sleepy , you know.........real fun stuff! rofl

Work is slow and getting slower. I'm looking for another job. DH and I were discussing the need to get an additional job on top of the ones we currently have. I don't know how people do it. I'm usually dead meat when I get home and can only do a few chores. Maybe I'm just a wimp! whistling

I hope ya'll have a fantabulous day!!!!!!

mommafitz

wave Hi yourself mommafitz and everyone else too.

Everyone in my house is sleepy except me! Now that's something to celebrate!! :banana2: but very quietly!!

I got the youngest four down and told them Daddy and the older three boys were on their way home. When dh and ds1,2,3 did arrive, they were so pooped that they decided to crash for a while too. So, here I sit!! coffee2

I'm working on my new Fireside story. I'm enjoying doing that so much, and it's helping me tremendously! Keeping me focused and on target!

I ordered my first time from Harmony House today and excited about that. Still waiting on my Berkey... shrug They say by the end of the month and I hope so!

Its a good day here. My kids and I are trying to settle into a summer routine, a big change for the 4 of them.

Todays excitement so far was racing the oncoming thunderstorms to get some mulch in around my baby veggies and to get some raspberries planted. We made it, so the mulch and berry plants were rather well watered in.

Been an exhausting but good day here. We spent the day at the Junior Olympic New England meet and daughter won three medals--a gold in discus, a silver in hammer, and a bronze in shot.

But..we are all home exhausted. Husband is cooking hot dogs for us. Then we all plan to collapse....

Nice to "see" you all. I swear, if we ever meet in person we're going to have to wear masks of our avatars or I won't know anyone, LOL

Hi everyone... Have a few minutes to chat since my hubby is out of town at a trade show for work and my son is napping. I recently found out we will be moving, so I should really be going through things and packing, but I decided to come here and procrastinate for a little while!

I am really new here, but I think this forum is really great... You have inspired me! I've even decided that after we move, I am going to plant at least eight or ten fruit trees (if I can find a house with older trees, even better!), and really get going on my garden. The only reason I have held off was because I had a feeling this move was coming, and I didn't want to heavily invest in a garden/orchard right before a move... now I will have no excuses!!!

welcome4 JacksMom Glad to have you here! Hope the move goes smoothly. A garden and fruit trees will be fun. Have you already assembled a 72 hour kit? That's a good starting point.

clapsmilie Congratulations on your daughters medals!! JCK88

Yes, I donhave a 72 hour kit, although I need to go through it as it has been sitting in my garage for over three years. It probably needs new batteries for the flashlight and new bottled water by now!

BTW, I love the name prayed2bamom. I did as well. I never thought I would have even one child, but I was blessed with my son, Jack (obviously). We are still trying to have another, but at our ages, it is not promising. At least I have my little miracle.

Although I am new here, I have been "short term" prepping since 2005. After my son was born, I became a stay-at-home mom and heard about the possibility of a bird flu pandemic (on of all places - Oprah!). It scared the life out of me, and being a new mom, I decided then that I would be prepared for anything, for my son's sake. So, I started stocking up on things. I'm at the point now where I think I have enough for about a year or so if I stretched it. My husband thinks I am off my rocker! Well, maybe I am!!!!

Prepping has become become a way of life and a constant mindset for me now. With so many uncertainties in the world, I just can't understand why more people don't do it.

Thank you. It's nice to feel sane.

Seven! Wow, you must have been praying A LOT!!!! LOL Good for you! We have looked into adopting, but my husband is 50, which is a big black mark. DH also thinks fostering would be too difficult for our son to deal with when the children go back home, and I'm not sure how well I would handle it either.

Archived