MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Where in Canada?

Edconaluke

Ok...

We'll wait for some of our Canadian friends to come and answer your original question of where you can have it tested, but...

One of the benefits of having a 'weighted gauge canner' is that while it's nice to be able to look at the dial when processing to get an idea of what the pressure is visually, the dial is NOT needed to safely home can.

The weight is what you use to regulate your pressure, so even if you didn't have a dial on your canner, you'd still be good to go.

All I'm trying to say is that if you want to still have the pressure gauge checked out, go for it. Just know that you can start canning NOW because you'll learn that you'll be dependent on the weight for accuracy and not the dial with the type of canner you have.

Am I making sense?

YES!!!! That makes perfect sense. Thanks Darlene!!

I'm excited to learn, although I admit it's a little daunting.

My mother never used one because she was afraid it would explode so I think I have her fear in the back of my mind. I've still got to read the intruction book, so hopefully I'll feel more at ease. I also bought the Blue Ball book, so I'll be ready to go, LOL!

It's always skerry in the beginning because it's all new...pretty soon you'll be soaring and will forget the trepidation you feel today.

Best of luck and if we can help in any way, let us know.

Archived