MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

HHHHEEEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!! As you all know, I have a darling two year old DD. Well, she is darling most of the time. She is not potty trained yet, and for the last few days (IN A ROW!) has been getting into her diaper. It's such a mess to clean up, she smelsl horrible, her room smells horrible, so it takes a lot of time to clean up. After I have washed her stuff, bathed her, and gotten myself clean, I have lost part of the day.

Any ideas? Sudgestions? A pitty party?

I'm here for the pity party....with LOT's of chocolate....chocolate truffles....chocolate frosted donuts.....chocolate covered cherries.....hot chocolate chip cookies......chocolate.........hey wait.......all that chocolate might REMIND you of your predicament...didn't think of that......

I say super glue her diaper on so she can't get in it to play!

Hang in there HappyG.....she'll outgrow her diapers before she gets into college.

xoxo

deb

Ugh Not fun.. Seriously potty training has been the hardest part of being a parent for me. I don't have any useful advise except to do a search on the web or at Amazon. I can only say that eventually they will get the idea that it is better to do their business in the potty not their pants. Good luck!

Guest Guest

Try offering to give her that favorite candy or treat if she calls you as soon as she does her business. Or use it as a reward if she does her business on the potty instead of her diapers. I think she'll get the hint then...lotsa praise each time she does it successfully!

Guest Guest

You probably already have it, but there's a wonderful book called Once Upon A Potty. When my kids were young, they only had it for one gender, but now you can get it for either gender. I've heard they also have other things to go along with it now.

Another thing you might try is putting her on the pot every time you go. Then there's a pattern.

Also, let her run around barebutt in the house for a bit and she'll get the idea when it runs down her leg. It's easier to pop just her into the tub and put on dry socks than to do all the cleaning up you've been doing.

Happy dances for accomplishment are great things too.

Have fun! Been there, done that.

I had 3 kids, but now days it is different. My DD was trained day and night at the age of about 20 months. It is a job and you have to keep at it. The boys, on the other hand were older. With DD I was with her 24-7 so it was a bit easier.

Dr. Phill had a program on about a month ago about training kids in 24 hours. Some of the kids were 3 and 4 if I remember rightly though.

Hi happy girl... oh goodness I had forgotten about potty training... I know that when my DD started to get into her diaper, usually at nap time and smearing it like a painting on the wall.... I decided that it was time to potty train.... putting her on every 20 mininutes with treats when she goes....girls are easier to train than boys... so she'll get it in no time....I think that it is just getting started that is the hard part...

Have fun....tee hee.... oh don't listen to Blebbie... all that chocolate tee hee

Guest Guest

POO Paint!

'nuff said 'bout that!

I used M&M's for a treat Caveman. Not the Peanut ones but the Plain M&M's. Everytime the babies actually pottied in the toilet, I would get the dish of candy and they would pick 1. (Left me with allot of chocolate colored ones to eat ) This also came with allot of BIG girl! in my most happy excited voice.

Have you tried those "Pull Ups" yet? only BIG girls get to wear those!

I also did allot of "BIG" boy/girl talk. In a very e