MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Sunny Sunday

mommafitz

Hey Ya'll! wiggle

It's gonna be a pretty day today. We had clouds and some rain yesterday like predicted but it was a good thing. Our little raised beds full of veggies look REEEAAAALLLLL happy! clapsmilie

Maybe DH will get the mowing done today. We've got to pick squash, cukes, and green beans, too. DH and DS2 need to go to town to see MIL. We need to return her carpet shampooer and get a couple of sleeping bags she has for us. DS2 needs one for football camp tomorrow and something (or somebody) has happened to all the ones we had! rant I think DS1 has gradually taken them all on camping trips and.....misplaced them. rollingeyes

I have plenty of laundry to do today. Still looking for socks, too! DarleneSwoon

Supper will be grilled chicken. Yesterday's supper was homemade pizza. It was great. I made Uncooked Oatmeal Cookies and some Rice Crispy Treats yesterday, too. We haven't had either of them in a long time.

Ya'll have a great and Blessed day!!!

mommafitz

Well here it is HOT,HOT,HOT---did I mention it is HOT!!! 104 today DarleneSwoon Makes my head hurt---. Dinner I would not turn on the oven for anything grill it is and anything cold----.

And I can't remember the last time it rained-----can't wait for the next electric bill eek

Today was a nice,if unusual Sunday for me.

I am experiencing my first taste of empty nest!

My youngest dd has gone away with friends of the family for a week long vacation and will come back on saturday then leave for college on August 30th!!

My granddaughter who has spent countless hours and days with grammea is getting older and spending time with friends,

I went right from children to grandchildren.

So although my children's ages are 31,26, and 18 I also have an 11 year old grand dd and a 5 year old grand ds.

This quiet is new to me but most welcome!!!

I am working at de-cluttering and organizing.

And actually enjoying it!!!!!

I also stumbled upon a lovely song on a blog I read earlier.

It was On Eagle's Wings,my very favorite hymn of all time.

A very appropriate end to a lovely Sunday.

Hugs and God bles,

Helen(grammea)

Archived