MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Google Spots Inebriated Aussie Passed out on His Lawn

cookiejar

Google Spots Inebriated Aussie Passed out on His Lawn

article-0-023db67b00000578-289_468x286.j

When Google expanded its Maps product to include a StreetView feature, many claimed the cars that troll the streets to create the experience were breaching their privacy, filming at any random moment.

Still, the Internet giant's cameras occasionally catch interesting stuff: burning buildings and, evidently, passed-out drunk Australians.

The man pictured to the left, who gave his name only as "Bill," had gotten hammered to ease the pain after a friend died. When he finally made it home, he climbed out of the taxi that dropped him off, and promptly fell asleep in the grass next to the curb. That's when one of Google's car-mounted cameras snapped the pictures of him that were then included on the company's record of his street.

"I'm not too happy about it," said Bill, 36, who's not planning to complain to the company. "I mean, I wouldn't have been there in the state that I was in, but I wasn't really thinking there would be someone driving by with a video camera on the roof filming me, either."

After the incident received a little notice in the Aussie media, Google has now removed the images of Bill's bender from the site.

Archived