MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Wednesday am, and the power is off!!

Rezgirl

we had that happen one night not long ago. can't even remember now what National Event it was- maybe the first 'dip' in the market???

woke up to total darkness, reached for Ward's hand and he whispered "I still hear cars down on the highway"

pause

"you hear any army type trucks?"

disconcerting for sure *~*

I'd miss the puter, but we've got the fireplaces and wood cookstove and plenty of wood, and every room has an oil lamp and plenty of oil and wicks stocked.

dry goods are dry, dairy and eggs temperature controlled inside the goats and chickens till needed smile

Marathon candle light game of Oceanopoly, anyone? rofl

rofl

We lived without electric for 20 months at the beginning of out marriage, (Tribal Politics) but this morning I was kinda bumping around thinking, ok what do I do? Just me and the baby here, so games are not an option.........

Thought I'd get out some fabric and cut out a dress, but the fabric needed ironed first, so scratch that idea.

Yesterday half the community was out of water, but not us. It did affect the 2 schools in the area, one cancelled and the other had early dismissal.

Neither power outages or water line breaks are out of the ordinary here. Other places it would make the news, here it's life as usual. Many homes here do not have either water or electric, so many never even know when these outages happen.

It was just funny that it happened right after the election. happy02

Archived