MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

One of Those Weeks

Homesteader

It's only Tuesday night and I still have days to go. Of course we all started this week off with the terrible news of Ed's passing. My week has continued with one minor mishap over another. For the first time ever my fudge didn't harden. The leftover milk from the soupy fudge I put in a saucer on the floor for the cats. Which got kicked over and pooled into the only spot in the kitchen where the new flooring hadn't yet been sealed. Now my floor squeaks. Then while attempting to clean up the milk ASAP I knocked over a carton of eggs all over the top of the stove..which was on so the eggs cooked onto the top of the stove. I managed to save the fudge by making a sauce for bread pudding out of it but while I was remelting it to use DH burnt his tongue tasting it. While all this is going on we see the baby goat frolicking on our back porch.(Not in the back 40 where we had left her) She somehow broke a steel link chain and had knocked over several lawn ornaments, chairs etc. At least she didn't break anything.

DS's birthday was Saturday and he was sick as a dog. Of course, I had stayed up very late Friday night putting the finishing touches on a scrapbook I made him. Bday party cancelled at last minute. Not only is DS sick but so is DIL and both Princesses. They had to run both kids to Dr.s on Sunday. In the meantime DH has a mystery ailment. He lies on the couch and moans. His tummy is hurting. No fever but lots of pain. I listen to this for 3 days. Today I make him go to Dr. They don't know what it is. Have to run to pharmacy before they close to get the medicine sampler going. Maybe he will be able to make it tomorrow.

Anyway, we have to be at DS's at 7 am tomorrow. You can't cancel Christmas morning with little ones (even sick little ones) around. EVERYONE there will be sick except for me. Even DIL's Mom is very sick with a flu bug. Would it be rude of me to wear a protective mask? I have a mental picture of everyone laying on couches moaning, groaning and coughing waiting on me to hand deliver all gifts and food.

There are several more things that have gone wrong so far this week but there isn't enough time or space(lol) to put it all down.

I'm going to forget it all and have a good time tomorrow. It will all be worth it when the ones that are able to eat say, "Mmmm this bread pudding has such a delicious topping. Can I have your recipe?"

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas!

(((((((Momo)))))))

Tis the season smile.gif

Your post did make me smile...its good to know that I am not the only one who has *those* kind of days! Enjoy your Christmas with loved ones...everything else is trivial...at least thats the lesson I believe has been drove home to all of us this week. Nothing else matters this Christmas but those we love and hold dear!

Blessings to you and yours and to all our family here at Mrs.Survival!!

------------------

eaglew.jpg

(((((Momo))))) MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow...and that your loved ones get well, not you sick! grin.gif

------------------

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, and His love endures forever!

Merry Christmas!

Hill

------------------

A problem is just a challenge waiting to be conquered.

Impossibilities are just possibilities waiting to be made possible.

You can't stop the curve balls of life but you can choose how you will handle them.

hillbillee.jpg

(((((MOMO)))))) hope you make it through. It's Christmas. Had DS here and boy that was nice. Although DH and I were up at 7 with the dogs DS didn't get here til 1. But that's normal for his age. I remember when he used to wake us at 5AM. LOL Maybe I like this better. Not sure. DD called 3 times. And also talked to both dad and moms in Florida. love to,all di

------------------

diinmi.jpg

Just got home. Somehow all the sick ones made it through the day. They each slipped off for small naps to re-energize. DS only got about a 10 minute nap though since his friends kept dropping in. We were supposed to be there at 7 am. We got there at 10 after 7 and had to call them on their phone to let us in. I can't believe a 4 year old could sleep in Christmas morn!!

DH pulled another surprise on me. He got me a laptop. I never asked for one but I guess my son convinced him my computer is obsolete. It will be 4 years old in March. I do think DS has an ulterior motive though. I saw those loving looks he was giving my new puter! Thank goodness he lives 35 miles away and I won't have to lend it to him often!

The best part of the day was when Princess woke up, came into the living room and instead of making a fuss about the tree and gifts, ran into my lap hollering "Momo, Momo". Precious beyond words.

Hope all my pals at MrsS. had a great day. I'd love to hear what everybody got. Then we will be able to figure out who's naughty and nice...LOL...

Hey MOMO......that part about lil princess ignoring the presents and running to give you a hug.....well....that's just plum Awesome!!

I'm hoping you all had a great Christmas!

So glad you all were able to spend time with your loved ones.....that's what it's all about!

Got earings/xbox game/gift cert to a nice resturant......oh yeah....and a toaster...a 4 slicer......niiiiiice!

------------------

debbieLee1.jpg

I'm so glad you guys had a great Christmas! smile.gifSomeone gave our family some money for Christmas, so my DH got me a stand mixer...I'm so excited! I know he'll enjoy the end results, too wink.gif. My inlaws gave us a much needed set of kitchen knives, and some cash for living expenses. My sister made me some Christmas covers for my toaster and blender. She is an excelent seemstress! I just wish they weren't necessarily Christmasy, so I could use them all year 'round. Of course DD got lots of presents (I'll have to put some away and pull them out little by little during the year), and DH got a paper shredder.

We were able to celebrate just the three of us (DH, DD and I) on the 23rd, and will plan better for next year. I hope you all had a wonderful day with all of your loved ones, and enjoyed the true meaning of Christmas!

------------------

Momo, I do hope everyone is feeling much better now. That flu bug is just not fun at all, and having the flu on any holiday is bad.

Sometimes it seems if something can go wrong, it will.

I know what you mean about the grandson. smile.gif Ours got up in the morning and came to us not his parents. I heard him come in and he said, 'Grandma, I'm hungry' I talked him into getting into bed with us as it was not yet 7:00. I turned up the heat, as we turn it down at night. We waited for about 15 minutes and then got up. Yes, he got his breakfast. smile.gif

Old Pine got me a blouse, sweater, two sweat shirts and a few other things. I got him mainly books. He loves to read. My sister got me a book on sisters.

I love to buy for others and seem to always buy more than I should.

We got the two little boys a box for the little cars and several cars to go in them. As for the older boy, almost 14, we bought him a 'Harry Poter' book. We got them kids a few other items too.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas. smile.gif

Love ya all,

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

{{{{{Momo}}}} How absolutely precious your granddaughter is smile.gif

A couple of years ago we had the flu for Christmas, I know how miserable that can be. This year we were visiting my dad and it was an ear infection for Nicholas, pink eye for Nicholas and Jake, strep throat for Cassie and Lane, and my brother and sister. Of course we didn't know it was strep until after we got home and I took Cassie to the Dr. This is the second time in a month she has had it frown.gif This time we are trying 2 courses of Zithromax a week apart and hopefully that will eradicate it. Since October it has been one thing after another. I am just so grateful I haven't gotten any of it!

My wish for the new year is for all of us to stay healthy.

------------------

becca.jpg

Hi Becca! I don't know what kind of bug it is but alot of the kids around here have said some sort of respiratory virus that takes months to get over. Antibiotics don't help as it is a virus. Princess had it for 10 weeks. Now her new little sis(5 months old) has it. I know the local schools are glad for the holidays to give the kids some time to heal.

I forgot to say that we got Princess a sleeping bag for Christmas and when she opened it she was sooo excited. Dad bought her a new Dell computer and she liked it but she LOVED the sleeping bag. You know how kids can be! Anyway, she said she had to spend the night at our house and bring her bag with her. We barely got home and she was saying."It's bath time". So we took an early bath. Then she says, "It's bedtime" It was only 7:00 but she couldn't wait to get in the bag. So funny. The next day we were cleaning up the kitchen and she looks at me and says, "It must be fun to be a Grandma". I tell you she cracks me up.

Kids are great, aren't they? There is a saying in Mexico that says that drunks and children always tell the truth! So it must be fun to be a grandma! You must be a good inspiration to her! How old is she?

------------------