MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Music and exercise

DenimDaze

Music helps to keep you moving. The faster the music and the more you love it the easier it is to move and keep moving. Music makes it much easier to get fit and stay fit then it would be without it.

here is an article about that: http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/01/10/europe/fitness.php

Interesting, right? Another thing that is VERY interesting is just how inexpensive an ipod shuffle is right now:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1186004971548

I own one and have found it to be very tough, very easy to use and to load music onto. The player does select the songs randomly, but if you load the songs, all the songs on there you will like! so to me, the random play is not a problem. It charges itself on the computer too - so no batteries or big power cords to worry about.

it can store 240 songs and costs $49! I love it. I may get another in a different color :woot: I'll have my blue daze and my pink daze rofl

I've been even known to wear mine while I vacuum.

Okay, I made a big step in the right direction! This morning dh moved my treadmill from it's dusty unused spot in the basement to my bedroom where I had rearranged the furniture so it has a nice spot facing the television. I think this will provide a good distraction! I'm so excited! :woot:

Motivation is tough for me too. That is part of the reason I am posting in this forum now. Posting what I am trying to do and what I am learning has helped me prep - why shouldn't it help me get fit?

I also know that when other people post intersting things they know or are trying in prep topics I'll think about trying it myself. Maybe other people will read my posts about a 42yo mom of 4 working her way back toward being fit and it will be that little bit of motivation to get or keep them moving?

For some reason or other I just find exercising easier to do if I think I might be helping others by doing it. I know being fit will be helping my family in an emergency and I just may help someone here get or keep moving with my posts. shrug

Archived