MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Wishing you a good day on Monday

sassenach

Woke up late.... but the sleep did me good.

Looking outside seeing the first horse tail clouds of the winter storm predicted to bring lots of ice to the midwest and middle Appalachia, snow to those of us north of the ice band, snow that will be quite deep in my mountains.... I got this feeling that I should avoid travelling out of the area to go to a conference only held once a year. This feeling was of deep conviction, so I cancelled my plans. I do not want to be away from home stuck in a van with others who will also grumble and be unprepared. The roads although plowed, may not be kept up with and I do not want to get caught out in this stuff.

I would rather hear the reports the next day, Wednesday, if we are not restricted then from the weather which will continue in earnest that morning at least, says the weather forecast on Weatherbug. I may be wrong, they may have a great time, but there is plenty to do at home and I am satisfied with my choice. It makes me feel better, staying in my homezone, when facing something like this that could turn bad. I do not want to be stuck on the road, or slide off the road and be stuck in subzero weather and windchills.

I'm with you Arby, my friend. We are expected to get some bad weather right after you get through with it, LOL Going to get a foot possibly Tueday night late into Wednesday night. Of course, they say maybe a foot of snow--and wouldn't you know, hubby is out of town till Thursday so I get to play with the honking snowblower again! LOL

I think you made a good choice, Arby.

Archived