MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

funny on me

lovinthislife

We moved to a small farming community and were going to a new Church. One of my new friends had taken me around pointing out where different members lived. So, one night after Church Carol was in charge of getting meals together for another lady Betty, who had had surgery. I spoke up and volunteered to take her supper the next night. Because I remembered where she lived. Or so I thought. My son Michael went with me and we walked up to the house. We both had dishes in our hands. I recognized the woman from Church but didn't know her name. I asked, "Is Betty here?" "Yes," she said and let us in. We were led into the living room and we're still holding these dishes. I tell her that we brought "Betty" dinner. "Oh that was so sweet of you." she tells us. But she doesn't go get Betty or tell us to sit the food down. We're just setting there holding these dishes. Finally, I ask her "Where's Betty?" She says, "I'm Betty." Well, I knew this wasn't the Betty I was supposed to bring dinner too. So, I say, "Betty Davis." "Oh honey, you have the wrong Betty. Betty Davis lives next door!!! I had to get up and take the dinner that she was happy I brought to her out. I was so embarrassed. No one let me live that one down.

:) I'm terrible with names, though I'm pretty good at places.

Seems I try so hard *not* to be shy in "real life" that I end up putting my foot in my mouth... and biting it. :blink:

:bighug2:

Archived