MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I'm so sad, but happy too

Last Thursday my oldest son left for Navy bootcamp. Today I did the last of his laundry. I think putting his things away and knowing that it will be a long time before he wears them again is one of the saddest things I've ever done. I started writing him a letter today even though I don't have his address yet. It's all I can do to keep from crying. His younger brother is at Navy bootcamp right now. He graduates this coming Friday. I'm so happy that I'll be able to see him for a couple of days. He was supposed to have at least two phone calls, but I didn't get a call until the day his brother was leaving. He called me at school, so I could only talk for a few minutes. Fortunately, he could also call his sister who could talk longer. Right now I can hardly think straight. Things are so quiet without my boys. We are a very close-knit family and it breaks my heart to have them 1400 miles away. I can only imagine how parents of young people who are overseas must feel. At least mine are safe for now. My heart goes out to all the parents of those in the war. I don't know how they bear not knowing whether their child is safe or not. I hope all of this will be over soon without any more losses of precious lives.

Guest Guest

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Dragonfly}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Thank you for raising such fine young men. May they ever be kept safe and whole.

Be sure you put at least their first names on the prayer list in the Military forum.

Guest Guest

I can see how you would be sad...but happy too. What a great gift you are giving to our country in letting go of your children to train to protect us. May God bless you for that, and may He be with them and protect them.

((((((((Dragonfly))))))) I can completely understand why you'd have mixed feelings. Proud they are serving our country but missing them so much. I know it will be tough when my kids grow up and move out. We are so grateful to your sons for their dedication to protecting our nation. Please tell them we send our prayers and thank them for their service!

I understand how you feel. (((((Dragonfly))))) Our #1 son is in the Army National Guards now. He spent 7 years in the Air Force. Right now he is safe in TX. We have not seen him in two years now.

Two out of our three kids are in TX., so are a long way from home.

God gets us all through these things.

(((((HUGS)))))