MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Monday

Dee

Good morning everyone :wave:

It's a sunny Monday here and it's already hot. I'm not complaining. We've been waiting for this weather, especially the corn, soybeans, gardens-both vegetable and flower. If I'd sit outside today I bet I could watch the corn grow! :P

Anyway, it was a long but fun weekend with the grandkids. We had alot of fun but when they'd nap I'd collapse. Oh yeah, children are for the young!!!

I'm off to work outside. Bought a few more perennials on sale yesterday when we went to town. Soon the greenhouses will close up and I'll have to stop!

I do want to get more strawberry plants planted this summer though so need to find some of them.

Had a great Father's Day and hope you did too.

What are your plans for the day?

:bighug2:

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend, Dee.

I woke up hearing the Mad Max Kitty, Smokey wanting in, he yowls, it is unmistakable. I let him in. He did not quiet down. He was not settling for dry food and not at all for curling up so I could get another 30 mins. of sleep. UH uh, not him. So I got him some canned food, which he ate..... turned on Fox news and got the latest coverage on Iran's protests about the rigged voting and all that is covering.... and on how the US is responding so far to Nkorea, since thats a big topic here, ok... so I am waking up, well , gotta stay up.... oh yea, did get a call from A at mha..... " I do not come in on Mondays.... " in my not yet coffee'd up voice...... A laughs... we talk a bit and I decide, as per the usual, Wed would be fine. ( This way, I think, happily, I can work on my writing and other stuff here. ) So, that agreed upon, I decide to go get my coffee made and come back to the computer here. ( This was about 8:45am )

Enough news for now, reading some posts, and thinking right now..... I need to brainstorm ideas for my story I want to write. I have decided to put the other one on hold because its a time travel story. All the reading about One Second After and Patriots, make me realize my own story about such things, which takes a different tact, something I have to consider doing myself, as a woman who is separated by great distance from her own grown son and dil and a much better climate for growing food and not so tremendously cold in the winter..... might be a worthy novel for this time and subject. So I am going to work on that today.... although at the moment there is not enough coffee in my bloodstream to just kick it in. I hope it can bring in some extra income, so that I can build on my writing and get on with my life in the next few years.

I have turned the channel to an old classic, its something to listen to. I don't live with anyone else these days, so I have to admit the TV is some company.... gee, what is the title of this old movie? ( Smokey insisted on going back outside. I guess his baking soda bath has to wait a while --- he had been gone for four months and suddenly returned to me on Friday afternoon, very very thin and scruffy and dusty, amazingly enough, other thread on that account already posted...)

Ah, Raintree County. Something like Scarlet OHara stuff.... during the Civil War, takes place in Indiana......ok..... so it's on and I am about to put my slowly moving brainstorming to work on a first document, a sort of rough outline and factors that contribute to the story. . Good to go.

So, onward I go! :pc_coffee: ( Pulls out chicken to thaw for later cooking in a big batch for part of the weeks eating and to be able to feed the cat extra meat, too in an effort to put weight on him. I have found he will eat meats he wouldn't touch before but I will only feed him cooked meats because of bacteria needing to be killed. Also, I do add a few other soft but high protein and calcium rich foods too like yogurt or cottage cheese to bulk him back up hopefully and cooked eggs, which he seems to absolutely love now. I did look up info about eggs and it said cooked was ok, so I am going by that. ) He evidently partly survived by eating trash and that changed how he will eat now, and is now fierce enough to catch and absolutely kill and tear into small critters like the chipmunks and squirrels and I think that is how he has been surviving. I can't get him to the vet at the moment, so have to wait til July, to get him tested for things, but hes still going strong although very thin, so trying to do my best by him that I can for the time being. Will also schedule getting him neutered finally too, as this may help him settle down some and gain weight better in the long run. His reflexes to anything he perceives as threat are instant and harsh, although he is beginning to realize that I at least mean him no harm and is starting to mellow a bit in that regard. Can't blame him though! He has had to survive in a wilderness mostly full of other predators alot stronger and bigger than him.

I also have to figure out how to bug out on foot with him, if he is home when TSTHTF and thats a challenge... LOL. I guess if I consider him a watch kitty and part of my arsenal then he qualifies eh? If he figures out he has to stay with me as I walk out, then he will be assured of shared meals, if not, I don't think its fair to keep him stuck in a carrier in the heat and he would be on his own again, or have to be put down coldly. I know thats not nice and not 'fair' but it would just be a fact. One has to weigh the efforts and the effects and cats are very independent and not really a bonus in a situation like a 2000 mile trek on foot, with limited resources at hand, literally, if I can keep them at all.

I would prefer to already be in the place I know I have to get to, but this may not be the case before that happens in a decent, conventional way. So, thats one predicament that can be addressed in that story I want to write.

More :pc_coffee: ( Opening a new document to get started on.... )

Archived