MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

9. hours. in Glacier International Park.

Trip

Darling Lunnamother posted this in her Homestead forum, I thought it was so funny I decided to post it here, she's such a wimp....AND, judt so yawl know, it ain't a International park, it's a National park, OUR national park, not the Worlds not the UN's park.....If the Government feels they don't own it then by god us folk in Montana will just keep it and to he** with the UN

9. hours. in Glacier International Park.

there's this road, see.

it's called the Going To The Sun Road.

goes right through the center of the park- most of the park is inaccessible any way, any how, so the GTTSR is the best way to see the most stuff.

it's HORRIFYING.

switchbacks, steepness. NO GUARD RAILS WHATSOEVER.

in case ya'll don't know- that sort of stuff makes me INSANE with full blown panic attacks.

by the end of the day I had had all the Natural Majesty I could stomach.

Alec said "LOOK MOM- Rocky Mountain Ground Squirrels!" and I said "I hope they all die of rabies".

Joe said "well, these are harsh places and they make tough men". and I said "ya'll are arent' tough- you're just retarded".

Ward said "here, dear- have a cookie and a cuppa coffee" and I said "I love you".

I want my tiny streams, my gently rolling hills, my comforting welcoming trees, not these spiky pines everywhere- somewhere you won't be FREAKIN' DEAD if you make one wrong step on the trail.

I wanna be somewhere where in the summer it's NOT light from 5am till ELEVEN pm, and in the winter time it's NOT dark from 3pm till TEN am.

ok. it's pretty. amazingly overwhelmingly mind-numbingly pretty.

and the family of mountain goats that walked right in front of our car and posed as if on cue were awesome.

I'm glad we're here, and we're blessed to be able to have made this trip.

but I'm ever so happy that starting tomorrow

we're headed South :)

LunaDear, there are to guard rails--short one's so you can see the scenery!! :girlneener:

I am delighted to have had the opertunity to share my little bit of the world with her and the Luna Crew.'Guess it's a good thing that the landscape tames a bit after you leave the park and head our way, eh?

:grinning-smiley-044:

Sip a little chammomile tea Luna, bask in the heat of Texas sunshine - everything is going to be allllll right! :hug3:

:008Laughing: :008Laughing: :24: :24: :24:

:grinning-smiley-044:

Sip a little chammomile tea Luna, bask in the heat of Texas sunshine - everything is going to be allllll right! :hug3:

Ol'Momma smacks her forehead! Why didn't I think of Chammomile tea?!!? "I'm sorry, Luna. I'm an insencitive hostess."

I just gotta saaaayyyy.....

I live one whole summer in GNP. I was working as a "Dude Wrangler" I took people horseback riding thru the park. ( I then lived in nearby Bigfork MT for several years and Cowboy'd)

I am familar with the Going to the Sun Road!! Geeeez, too bad you were too panicked to enjoy the grizzley's playing on the mountain sides!

Well, it is SORT of international...we share parts of GNP with Canada!

I"m glad you survived the trip, Trip. Guess some of us are born flat-landers. Ain't no shame in that!

My Dad was from TX. He came visiting us in Glacier...I asked him how he liked it. He said in a great TX drawl...."not much. kain't see out"

Archived