MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Ahhhhhh it's Friday

Dee

Good morning everyone! :wave:

For all you working people it's Friday....yea!!!! Hope you're all looking forward to the weekend be it working around your place or having a big plans lof some sort. Just enjoy these last few summer weekends no matter what you do.

I'm going out shortly to see what I have ready for farmer's market tomorrow. I'm afraid there really isn't alot so I'll be baking cookies and rolls again.

It's a beautiful morning here. Little humidity, bright sun and 68 degrees.....my kind of morning! Hope yours is as nice.

What's going on in your little corner of the world? :grouphug:

It's been over 100 here every day this week so I'd love to see a break from this heat.

DH and a few of his friends left out early this morning to Sturgis, SD for a mission trip. He has never been away from home for this long before so it will be a very long week. I have a long list of things to do over the next week to keep me busy so hopefully I won't worry the whole time.

Today I'm painting the downstairs bath and changing out the curtains. Then I'll clean/rearrange our bedroom. If I have time I will start cleaning and painting the laundry room.

Tomorrow I will (hopefully) finish the laundry room and start cleaning and touching up all the paint in the kitchen.

We'll see....I always have the best intensions but seem to get side-tracked every time.

Blessings,

bb

Good afternoon~

It's beautiful here, too, Dee. So we played outside DS was down to his diaper in no time(LOL). I finished up the last of the 5 dozen ears of corn this morning and the kids and I ran out and picked up another dozen and a few pounds of green beans. 5 ears of corn for dinner along with steak and something. Everything else will get blanched and thrown into the freezer for soups this winter. I think homemade soup with fresh-frozen veggies are the best. Worked on the DD & DS's Christmas lists for my sister-in-law & mother-in-law as we will be traveling up to MN/ND the week before Christmas for youngest DBIL's wedding so everything will have to be done by Thanksgiving so we can shift gears and do wedding things.

DH is working all day tomorrow so I'm hoping I can sneak some canning into the day but will wait and see what the kids want to do.

Dee~ hope you were able to get all of your baking done (I automatically think of making cinnamin rolls on Fridays for Saturday morning now because you have been talking about it - LOL).

BB~ I hope the week passes quickly for you and you accomplish all of your tasks!

Another one of those best laid plan days..........foiled again. DGS called saying, "Grandma I need to visit you and I think we need to make ice cream. Is that ok?". What did I say? :) "Of course sweetie, come on over, Grandmas just been waiting for you." He was he until 4:00 and we had a great time BUT now it's out to the garden to see what there is and to start baking.

Do any of you others have the 1 qt. ice cream freezer from Lehman's? It's the greatest little thing for us. It sits in the freezer and is ready whenever we are. We drink skim milk so I just keep cans of evaporated milk on hand and use it. It's always ready when DGS is and with DGD coming up I''m sure she'll like it too.

http://www.lehmans.com/store/Kitchen___Hel...r___30684?Args=

BB, as Jori said I hope your week goes quickly. DH will have some whoppers to tell when he gets home. You can count it.

Jori, you've been a busy lady today. I agree with the veggie soup in the winter, it's delicious! I had to smile at your statement about the rolls for Saturday morning....yep, I have a batch raising.

Archived