MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Convection oven

My oven quit last night and the stove is old enough we can't get parts for it (25-30 years old). Secretly I'm excited, because I've been wanting a gas stove, just couldn't justify it when the stove I have works fine.

I'd been to Sears a couple of months ago just looking/dreaming. The one dh wants has a convection oven. Do any of you have one, if so, what do you like/dislike about it. Is it worth the money? I love the other features on this stove, middle burner for a griddle, stainless, looks easy to clean and well-built, and if I don't like the convection feature, I can just switch it off, just looking for tips/opinions.

THANKS!!

I have a whirlpool 5 burner stove w/ a button to push for the convection oven. DH ordered the oven specifically for the 5 burners for canning. I've only used the convection option once and it was nice to cut the bake time down by 5 minutes. I have mixed emotions about the 5 burners - ours is grates instead of solid so everything is always messy and it's hard to keep the grates clean. There's more space than a 4 burner but I was expecting more and the 2 power burners are in front, not ideal with 2 small kids but they are good at not touching it and I keep a pretty close eye on them with it. I LOVE the simmer burner.

If you want more info pm me.

Our microwave has a convection feature. I love it. Especially in the summer, it doesn't heat up the house like a regular oven. AND, it uses less electricity than a regular electric oven (my stove is an electric, I have to wait for it to go out to get a new gas).

I have a whirlpool 5 burner stove w/ a button to push for the convection oven. DH ordered the oven specifically for the 5 burners for canning. I've only used the convection option once and it was nice to cut the bake time down by 5 minutes. I have mixed emotions about the 5 burners - ours is grates instead of solid so everything is always messy and it's hard to keep the grates clean. There's more space than a 4 burner but I was expecting more and the 2 power burners are in front, not ideal with 2 small kids but they are good at not touching it and I keep a pretty close eye on them with it. I LOVE the simmer burner.

If you want more info pm me.

Joir- Yours sounds alot like the one I'm getting. Our dd is 10 so she is old enough that I'm comfortable with knobs on the front. This one says the grates are dishwasher safe, and the rest of the top looks easy to clean. I hope it is!

here's what I've ordered: http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_02277483000P

Archived