MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

The Moringa tree

CoM

VERY interesting video! I went to the website listed in the video: www.TheMoringa.com and if it does even half that it claims, there are a number of supplements we take that it can replace!

Here's a snippet from the website:

Moringa Oleifera main medicinal uses:

• Strengthens the immune system
  • Cleans the body from toxins and heavy metals
  • Extermination of parasites in the intestines
  • Supporting treatment during radiation and chemotherapy
  • Supporting treatment during lack of appetite in children and adults
  • Helping with Osteoporosis treatment
  • Supporting with Diabetes treatment
  • Intestine infections
  • Gum infections
  • Prostate infection
  • Various skin diseases
  • Breathing disease
  • Head aches and Migraines
  • Arthritis
  • Gout
  • Hair Loss

Sounds like Arizona might be a good place to grow the trees as well! I'll be looking into this...thanks CoM!!

:bighug2:

Edited to add: Moringa powder in bulk, capsule, tea form, etc. can be purchased INCONUS (from San Diego) at:

http://moringa4healing.com/

The site given in the video has it from Israel for $38+, and at this new site, it is $14.50 +S&H. I've ordered 2 bottles.

Moringa trees do, indeed, do well in Arizona. Although you can't find them at a local nursery here in Tucson there is a woman who raises them in the area. She lives out near Three Points. If you are interested in the Moringa tree you can call her and go out and take a look at her trees. If you don't live in the Tucson area you can mail order seeds from her. The website with all her information is www.moringatreeoflife.com. I haven't been out to buy trees yet but have talked to her on the phone and she is really a nice woman. Hopefully I will get out there this weekend to get trees.

Moringa trees do, indeed, do well in Arizona. Although you can't find them at a local nursery here in Tucson there is a woman who raises them in the area. She lives out near Three Points. If you are interested in the Moringa tree you can call her and go out and take a look at her trees. If you don't live in the Tucson area you can mail order seeds from her. The website with all her information is www.moringatreeoflife.com. I haven't been out to buy trees yet but have talked to her on the phone and she is really a nice woman. Hopefully I will get out there this weekend to get trees.

:wave:Thanks LindaLou! I'll check out the site tonight! :thumbs:

I smell a road trip coming... :happy0203:

Our order should be here tomorrow (Monday). We received a nice 'Thank you' email from the gal that has the Moringa4Healing website...she's included a package of mixed Moringa teas as a thank you gift! She also wrote: "Later on you should try the bulk powder. It is great when blended into a green drink. The trees grow well in your state. we do sell seeds if you would like to grown the trees at your home. There is nothing like fresh organic leaves picked off your own tree."

Yup...may need to head to Three Points soon...

I am now the proud owner of 5 Moringa trees. They are all about 5 feet tall. These trees are really prolific. Victoria @ www.moringatreeof life.com started hers 2 years ago from seeds. They were mature trees in a year. She is an incredible woman. Way out in the desert near Three Points she has a kind of Garden of Eden of plants, not only Moringa trees but okra, all kinds of mellons, corn, and who knows what else. Not only did I get my trees but she threw in some potted aloe vera plants, some expensive planting soil and gave me a large Moringa branch. We have stipped the leaves from the branch and apparently, kind of like roses, if you put the branch in the ground it will root. We are trying that out. I am going to cook up some Moringa leaves with onions and garlic and tomatos for dinner tonight. We are preparing the ground to plant the trees. Victoria also gave me tons of information, planting, recipes, information about structured water and an interview on CD with the guy who came up with it. Can you tell I am excited? :cele: I will let you know how the whole Moringa experiment goes.

BYW, Dons Country Girl, if you go out there the address on her website isn't the actual address since the County hasn't changed it. She will give you directions if you call her or you can call or email me and I can tell you. Also the road back is dirt and a little bad but not too much.

Verdict on cooked Moringa leaves, they are very tasty. I sauted onion and garlic, added some chopped tomatoes and the Moringa leaves. They took longer to cook than I had thought and I had to add water to steam them some but the result was very good.

Additionally, you can dry the leaves in your dehydrator (or whatever method you use), crush them and add them to everything from sandwiches and stews in addition to making tea to get the benefits from the Moringa.

We planted 3 trees today. They look a little like Mexican bird of paradise when they are small. Keep you posted. I will get DH to take pics to post.

I am now the proud owner of 5 Moringa trees. They are all about 5 feet tall. These trees are really prolific. Victoria @ www.moringatreeof life.com started hers 2 years ago from seeds. They were mature trees in a year. She is an incredible woman. Way out in the desert near Three Points she has a kind of Garden of Eden of plants, not only Moringa trees but okra, all kinds of mellons, corn, and who knows what else. Not only did I get my trees but she threw in some potted aloe vera plants, some expensive planting soil and gave me a large Moringa branch. We have stipped the leaves from the branch and apparently, kind of like roses, if you put the branch in the ground it will root. We are trying that out. I am going to cook up some Moringa leaves with onions and garlic and tomatos for dinner tonight. We are preparing the ground to plant the trees. Victoria also gave me tons of information, planting, recipes, information about structured water and an interview on CD with the guy who came up with it. Can you tell I am excited? :cele: I will let you know how the whole Moringa experiment goes.

BYW, Dons Country Girl, if you go out there the address on her website isn't the actual address since the County hasn't changed it. She will give you directions if you call her or you can call or email me and I can tell you. Also the road back is dirt and a little bad but not too much.

Congratulations on your newest additions! Gee...if I'd known you might have wanted some aloe, I have TONS of it - let me know if you need any more. It becomes quite prolific actually...you'll not likely EVER need new plants again! :rolleyes::happy0203:

Do the cooked leaves tast similar to anything else? I've read somewhere that they are something like spinach.

Thanks for the heads up on getting directions first...not ready for the 'road trip' yet, but will stash that bit of info. I saw the general info on the structured water...hubby and I found it interesting.

Looking forward to your updates!

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

3 of them did come back. Actually, when I called Victoria the Moringa lady she told me to be patient and that they might come back (she actually offered to replace all 5 for free and meet me in town to deliver them). The other two trees I think are history, but then again, the last "dead" Moringa finally got growth again a month ago. Who knows.

Archived