MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I made a Zeer Pot (pics)

CoM

For those of us who do not have cellars or can't build root cellars, etc...this Zeer pot may come in hand to help keep food cool.

I finally made one. I had been putting it off because everywhere I found the large terra cotta pots they were 30-40.00 each.

I ran across some at our feed store for 25.00 so I got one !

I am aamzed. In testing it ( without food ) it is on average about 12-15 degrees cooler than outside temperatures. The larger pot is 18" and the smaller pot I already had is 13".

I suppose you could make a few smaller ones if you didn't want to buy large pots.

I need to move this back further out of the morning sun! Maybe I can do better than 15 degrees.

DSCN1172.jpg

DSCN1173.jpg

Here is a link on Zeer Pots which has been posted here in the past.

http://permaculturetokyo.blogspot.com/2006...ve-cooling.html

I tried something similar last year and failed big time. Would it depend on the humidity of the area you are in?

Cos in a hot dry climate, this surely works like a charm. Anyone experience with it in a medium, humid climate?

I tried something similar last year and failed big time. Would it depend on the humidity of the area you are in?

Cos in a hot dry climate, this surely works like a charm. Anyone experience with it in a medium, humid climate?

Christy: I am in So. Louisiana and it is very humid here.

Archived