MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Thank You - Lowes and Canning Supplies

YYY

Hi Everybody,

I read 2 prep boards and I really don’t know whether or not I read about this here or on the other board. I kept reading that Lowes Home Improvement Stores had canning supplies on a BIG sale. I went to 2 Lowes and at both the workers looked at me as if I had suddenly grown a 3rd eye in the middle of my forehead.

Well, today, I got a call from someone who has always been very kind/nice to me. Her car had broken down at work and her hubby and a friend were going out there to fix it and bring it home later. She called and asked if I could pick her up at about 12:30. Of course I said yes. The location is about 15 miles from where I live, so I left a little early so I’d be on time. Well, I had no problem finding it, so I was about 30 minutes early. I had to pass a Lowes about ½ mile from the location. So I turned around and went in to see if they had any canning supplies. They had 50 boxes of regular mouth bands and lids for 61¢ each. I cleaned them out. Yippee ! Yippee ! Yippee !

Tip: The cashier said that if you get on the internet and go to Lowes.com and choose the store near you and look up canning supplies, you’ll see how many they have in stock of whatever you want.

If you are the one that gave us the Lowes tip, Thank you!!! Thank you !!! I can usually find sealed boxes of lids at thrift stores, but the bands/rings are usually used and way too rusted.

Now if I could just find 12 oz jars (tall jelly jars) - my favorite size - on a wonderful sale …..

Again, Thank you

YYY

Sorry that you weren't able to find any, Michael! I found some at my local store. One thing that I have found with Lowes in the past is that their shipping isn't always expensive.

Before I got my chickens, I bought two children's playhouses to use as coops. The original price was close to $500. I got them each for around $80 on clearance. It was around this time of year, too.The shipping was like $25 or $30 each and it still was a bargain. They had to be shipped on a tractor trailer from the store in Watertown. The employees at the store were so shocked at the price of each playhouse that they put the rest of them on hold for themselves so that they could purchase them on Black Friday. The person that I spoke to had one shipped to her granddaughter in Albany.

You might try using a different zip code for a store outside of your area just to see if the shipping negates the savings. Otherwise you might be able to search the net for a free shipping code for Lowes.

Archived