MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Traveled this weekend

Poohbear

I've been traveling with my oldest DD this weekend. Her high school cross country team made the state finals and I drove to Nashville to watch her run. We're so proud of her! There are 14 girls on the team but the coach could only take 7 to compete. She was #7, but she was also the only freshman that got to go. They finished 12 out of 22 teams, which was really good considering the caliber of schools they were competing against.

It was a 5 hour drive each way and it was SO COLD in Nashville this weekend! Especially when you are standing outside the whole time. We got back late last night and got up and went to church this morning. After church and lunch I crashed on the couch and took a 3 hour nap! :o

Yes, she was glad to get to go. One of the teams competing was from a private Catholic school. She was fascinated by seeing "real nuns". They were dressed in traditional floor length habits with the big head pieces. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen a "real nun" except on TV! :lol:

Archived