MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

A Very Merry Christmas

Carie

Hello ladies!

I hope that you and your families were blessed by a wonderful day yesterday. We even had snow! :) Didn't mean a whole lot to me, but I know the kids thought it was cool and it gave the day a more magical feel.

We did our "Christmas" on Christmas Eve (dh had to work Christmas day). That way we would be able to spend the whole wonderful day together celebrating. We just had sandwiches for lunch then I fixed a roast, potatoes and carrots for supper. Cinnamon rolls for breakfast. We sat at the table together and prayed, then opened gifts. The kids were thrilled with all their presents. I got a cricut (scrapbooking machine)....dh got a new 45. We played games on the XBox and board games. We had a wonderfully blessed day.

Norman had to work on Christmas so I got up with him and then went back to bed. Abby and I got up at 7:30 and put cinnamon rolls in the oven and made coffee. The boys got up around 8:30. We decided to crack out the gingerbread house making kit. As Lee said, it was an epic failure. LOL Norman came home from work and fixed them right up....smart aleck. LOL We took turn watching movies and playing the xbox and managed to have a nice fun day. It was very stress less and I was surprised at how relaxing Christmas could be. I usually spend all my time hoping I don't say something that will be cricized or that the kids will say/do something that will get me criticized. It was nice to just enjoy the day.

Now, we are looking forward to the new year! I am sure that there will be bumps in the road but I have faith that God will carry us through. Thanks to all of you for the support and encouragement. You have all been a wonderful blessing to me!

Blessings,

Carie

Archived