MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Our dinner tonight

michelle

Here's the recipe I tested out on the family tonight. I found both of these one allrecipes.com. Dh likes cabbage but I don't like anything soggy so don't usually eat it so I went in search of a recipe that wouldn't make it so soggy. Must have been good because they ate it all up and now I don't know what I'll serve tomorrow since the leftovers were suppose to go to a soup. Oh well at least it was good!

Kielbasa and Cabbage

Ingredients

* 1 teaspoon olive oil

* 1 large onion, cut into rings

* 1 medium head cabbage, sliced into strips

* 1 pound kielbasa sausage, sliced

* 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning

* 2 teaspoons ground black pepper

* 1/2 teaspoon salt

* 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce

Directions

1. Heat the oil in a skillet, and cook the onion and cabbage until tender. Place kielbasa over cabbage. Season with Cajun seasoning, pepper, salt, and Worcestershire sauce. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Rice Pilaf

Ingredients

* 2 tablespoons butter

* 1 onion, chopped

* 1 cup uncooked white rice

* 2 cups chicken broth

* 1 teaspoon salt

Directions

1. Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Prepare a 1 quart baking dish with butter.

2. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the onion in the butter until translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the rice; cook until the rice is slightly golden. Pour in the chicken broth. Season with the salt. Simmer another 5 minutes. Transfer to the prepared dish.

3. Bake in the preheated oven until the broth is completely absorbed, 35 to 40 minutes. Fluff with a fork to serve.

Archived