MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Hectic sunday

Christy

As I hope to be leaving to the BOl on wednesday, I'm trying to get things done last minute. Been a roller coaster of a week anyhow and today I finally got around to surprising my best FF and her hubby with chocolate-almond cupcakes and white chocolate cupcakes. He has his birthday today and loved having a little treat for a special day.

Got into upholstering a footstool for someone and am halfway now.

The car has to go to the garage for a few minor repairs while still under warranty tomorrow. I'll take the footstool along and work on it while waiting. Idle hands and everything. They'll have a laugh but reading a car magazine is not my idea of waiting for the car to be fixed.

Other than that, a surprising bright light up at the sky... wait, we've seen that before! It's called the SUN!

It raining near constant and being overcast the rest of the time made everyone come out and soak up those rays.

And best of all, finally I get accesss to the computer. Arik has/is not well and the pc is in his room. So couldn't get around without disturbing him. He's doing a bit better now so gone for some fresh air and me gets to catch up with everyone.

Hugs

C

• 2 weeks later...

Still here, didn't make it to the BOL yet. Might try for a few days when the weather stays good.

Footstool was great. She loved it. Lady who sold her parents house and it cleaning up (in more than one way).

We got to hoist a cast iron stove from her attic. It's pre-WWII and looks a lovely little thing.

It's now ours and I'm hoping to either clean it up and sell it or use it at the BOL.

Nope, wasn't a barter. It just turned out that way.

I upholstered her footstool and refused payment.

Yesterday we were called to pick up a few more items.

A gorgeous kelim rug. She just wanted rid of it and knows it matches my chairs.

Very old curtain, washed handwash today.

A delight to my eyes was the former curtain that was a former couch cover, nearly 100 years old. Washed 50 years of dust our of it today. Very thick, woven floral pattern fabric.

And the loot of the week, a Singer hand sewing machine. Yes, I have one already but this one looks like it came out of the factory yesterday. Literally. With it's original suitcase, bits and bobs, shiny and new. Anyone living close by or willing to travel can have my old Singer for free now. :grinning-smiley-044:

I got her 2 bottles of wine and Australian (the brand) chocolates today.

Archived