MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Christmas Music in Stores already!

The part time job will be just so we can pay the bills. Dh has not had a full time job in a long time.

Christmas gifts for the kids were bought over the past year a little at a time. Baked goods and hand made gifts are mainly what we give.

I just don't want to hear grandma got ran over by a raindeer any more.

Mike, while trying to find my way around the bookstore, I did find an interesting book: "Money Secrets of the Amish" by Lorilee Cracker. Interesting read... for the few chapters that I did get to read.

And Mother, I already changed the backround thiem of my forum view to the christmas theim... looks great! helps get me into the spirit.

Robie

Sounds like a good book!

AND

How did Michael save money...........................

I found a Library that owns it - So I put a hold on it, now I saved money by not having to buy it. :thumbs:

:AmishMichael2:

Robie, I have that book and it is a good one.

Cat, I'm sorry you are still going through all the 'stuff' that was left for you to deal with. I get what you are saying. All Christmas music isn't spiritual. And sometimes you just need a break from it all.

For me it isn't about me being down and depressed during the holidays, it's about seeing the people I care about being depressed and there is nothing I can do about it. Some have no jobs and some have children that do go to public schools where Christmas gifts are compared and peer presure is present. My life is fine compared to them. It isn't for me I feel bad about, it is for other people who suffer through 2 months of worry.

Some people worry about their loved ones commiting suicide at this time of year too. An no amount of sugar coating will help them. That is what I feel sad about.

Archived